i need help

Since the beginning of february and i have been working from home in programming and because i sit for long times and because of the disease i stay at home,i gained my weight a lot and tried to search for many ways and i followed a lot. I am looking for a diet that helps me.I get a lot of dvice, including this book from a friends, and i want to know what do you think about that becaus?

Comments

• I use Cronometer to track my calorie intake. I've set my activity level to sedimentary and try to not eat more calories than Cronometer estimates that I burn in a day. I don't log my exercise in Cronometer, so I actually burn more calories than Cronometer knows about and I'm losing weight.

As my primary source of exercise has been my cycle commute and I'm only commuting every other weekday, my first month of quarantine slowed my weight loss. In May I started cycling after my work from home days (my area has not placed any restrictions on outdoor exercise). In June, I transitioned to extending my route home from work on the days I commute (I still go for extra rides sometimes, but not every day).

• @danielgraves

With weight loss, sustainability is key. If your approach is short-term, so are your results.
    To start, consider how much you rely on restaurant/pre-made food. Simply cutting this out can make a big difference. Next, take a look at your liquid calories (coffee with cream and sugar, juice, pop, excess milk, alcohol, etc.); sometimes we don't realize how many calories these foods have.

From here, I'd focus on adding to your diet and achieving balance. Include:

• Lean protein at meals: eggs, fish, chicken, plant protein, low-fat Greek yogurt
    • Whole grains: quinoa, brown rice, wheat berries, sweet potato
    • Fruit and vegetables

At both lunch and dinner, aim to make 1/2 your plate vegetables.

Lastly, pay attention to added sauces, oils, dressings, etc.

Best of luck!

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• edited August 2

I think it's important to realize that you don't need to be extreme. People do all kinds of crazy diets, and make radical changes they can't maintain. The most important thing you can do in my opinion, is to track what your eat. Start by tracking what you normally eat, and then make small changes as you go. Losing weight is easy. You simply need to maintain a calorie deficit. A deficit of 500 calories per day will net you approximately a pound per week. It's not complicated. I don't even pay attention to the total calories recommended by Cronometer. I'm over their recommendation by about 300-1000 calories daily. As long as I'm losing .5 to 2 pounds per week, then I know I'm right where I need to be. Accurate logging is the most important thing. It gives you the information you need to make informed decisions about how much you should eat.