Not syncing Apple Health

I’ve been using Cronometer for about 3/4 of the year. Overall, it’s been great. The flaky part of the app seems to be syncing workouts for me. It just stopped syncing as of a couple of days ago. No reason. I use an Apple Watch 6. iOS 14.1. The data writes to Apple Health. I’ve toggled the Allow to write data to Cronometer on Apple Health. I’ve tried backfilling the last 3 days of workouts, nothing. I restarted my phone, restored my phone, unpaired and repaired my watch, deleted the Cronometer app, reinstalled the app, disconnected Apple Health and reconnected. Went through just about every post on this issue too. Help!

Comments

• edited November 2020

i haven’t been able to sync body weight and fat % from Apple Health for a few days. I also went through the full spectrum of troubleshooting that you did - well, I didn’t restore my phone, that would have been a bit much just for sync’ing :)

Oh, and my issue has nothing to do with Apple Watch as I don’t have one.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

• I'm exactly the same as p0wer_lifter. No Apple Watch, but no body weight and fat % (pretty much the only thing I have in Apple Health) comes through. Have done all of the above as well, except the phone restore.

• I know the watch isn’t the problem as my workouts sync to apple health. There seems to be a problem between apple health and Cronometer that needs some fixing. Seems to be an ongoing problem looking at the dates of other forums on this. I hope someone who works for Cronometer reads this, soon.

• It’s something new. This was working for me within the last week or so.

• Hi there,

This seems to be something that cropped up in the last few days. We're gathering as much info as we can about this issue - if you can let us know what version of the app you are using, that would be a great help!

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• This is happening for me too. Version 3.5.4

• edited November 2020

For me it is: 3.5.5 (b764-IF-s1)

• My version is also 3.5.5 (b764-IF-s1)

• I'm using 3.5.4 (b761-IF-s1). Problem seems to have started for me yesterday when the new apple IOS 14.1 was installed on my iPhone

• I've just updated to 3.5.5, no difference.

• edited November 2020

Hi Everyone, Thanks for reporting this issue! We are currently looking into this and I am hoping to get a bit more information. We are wondering if this is specific to body weight and fat % only as reported by @p0wer_lifter , or if you are all experiencing this issue with all items to import from Apple health?

If you have not done so already, please follow the steps outlined in our Apple health troubleshooting user manual article

Would you mind also please letting us know:

• Do you have any other apps connected to Apple health importing/exporting data to apple health?
    • Do you use an Apple watch
    • Do you have any other device integrations connected to Cronometer
    • Do you use the mobile app exclusively, or do you also use the Cronometer Website?

(Feel free to email us at support@cronometer.com with answers to these questions if you do not feel comfortable posting this information on a public forum!)

We are doing some digging on this currently so any and all information you have will be useful! Looking forward to getting the Apple Health - Cronometer connection back up and running ASAP! We know how important this integration is for easy and accurate tracking in Cronometer!

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Tested with other apps on iOS with weight and height. Other apps import weight and height. Chronometer doesn’t import either of these nor body fat %

• Do you have any other apps connected to Apple health importing/exporting data to apple health? No
    • Do you use an Apple Watch? Yes
    • Do you have any other device integrations connected to Cronometer. No
    • Do you use the mobile app exclusively, or do you also use the Cronometer Website? Only the mobile app.

• edited November 2020
    • Do you have any other apps connected to Apple health importing/exporting data to apple health? No, just Cronometer
    • Do you use an Apple Watch Yes
    • Do you have any other device integrations connected to Cronometer Yes. I have Fitbit, Apple Health and Withings all set to sync with Cronometer. I sync Fitbit to Cronometer for resting heart rate and sleep, Use Apple Health for workout data and Withings Healthmate for weight and bodyfat%. Of those three, only Apple Health is not currently syncing. It last synced 10-29-2020.
    • Do you use the mobile app exclusively, or do you also use the Cronometer Website? I’ve used both, but primarily use the app.

Edited to add: I just tried to “backfill” with Apple Health via the calendar icon in Cronometer settings and had no luck getting it to sync the missing data.

• edited November 2020

Do you have any other apps connected to Apple health importing/exporting data to apple health? I only connect with Cronometer. I import only Blood pressure and heart rate. I do not import body weight.

Do you use an Apple watch - No

Do you have any other device integrations connected to Cronometer - No, only apple health

Do you use the mobile app exclusively, or do you also use the Cronometer Website? I use the website too

• This is happening for me too. It was working fine a few weeks ago.

• Do you have any other apps connected to Apple health importing/exporting data to apple health? Yes about 5 but it all used to work fine.
    • Do you use an Apple Watch. Yes.
    • Do you have any other device integrations connected to Cronometer. No.
    • Do you use the mobile app exclusively, or do you also use the Cronometer Website? Mobile app.

• So:

Do you have any other apps connected to Apple health importing/exporting data to apple health? Yes, I have VEFit connected from my scales, this imports fine into Apple Health. Data logged directly into Cronometer transfers fine into Apple Health (dietary values and weight entered into the Cronometer app appears fine in Apple Health)

Do you use an Apple watch No

Do you have any other device integrations connected to Cronometer - Yes. Garmin Connect. Activities from this transfer fine into Cronometer.

Do you use the mobile app exclusively, or do you also use the Cronometer Website? Both.

• So, the iOS app mysteriously started to sync with Apple Health again. I don’t believe there was an update, so no idea what happened.

• Still not working for me.

• Still not working for me. Apple Watch updated yesterday to version 7.1. Restarted watch and phone, still does not sync.

• I think something broke with the 14.1 iOS update. After installing that my ability to import from Apple Health has stopped. Tried the troubleshooting issues mentioned in the C manual including backfilling and disconnecting, but no luck.

• Withings info,watch,blood pressure, and scales won't record either

• How odd. All sync issues are now working good for me after not working for a while.

• FWIW, I updated to iOS 14.2, and it made no difference, still not syncing for me.

• I submitted a ticket yesterday, support is aware of the issue and is actively working on a fix. I'll post here with any resolution.

• It will sync for me IF I choose “turn ALL categories on” in the Apple Health app in personal settings under Apps>Cronometer.

However, if I toggle off even one by itself (for example, I don’t want “active energy” to sync, I just want specific workout data so I toggle off active energy) then nothing syncs at all, so it seems like an all-or-nothing issue right now?

• Still a ‘no’ from me. I think someone is going to update this thread when the problem is rectified.

• I've been having problems with this for at least the past several weeks. All I want to do is to record my weight in Apple Health every day and have it show up in Cronometer as well. Should be super simple, right?

Do you have any other apps connected to Apple health importing/exporting data to apple health? Yes, I also export weight data to HappyScale
    Do you use an Apple Watch? No
    Do you have any other device integrations connected to Cronometer? No
    Do you use the mobile app exclusively, or do you also use the Cronometer Website? Both, but mostly the mobile app

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the Cronometer app several times, adjusting the settings and attempting to backfill data as well as to accept new data entries. I want Cronometer to have read-only permission to get my weight from the Apple Health app. If I allow settings to read/write, then the Cronometer weight entries I've manually recorded in the app do show up in Apple Health (which is pointless to me as it's the same data) but I can't get weights recorded in Apple Health to show up in Cronometer.

• I don’t think it is an Apple Health problem. I have since been starting to use iTrackBites since Cronometer no longer syncs with Apple Health. With the other app, I can sync seamlessly. I’ve been waiting 2 months now with Cronometer and still no improvement, even though I’d rather use Cronometer.

• Joining this thread. I use Apple Health, Renpho digital Scale & a Garmin. I sync all data from my watch and scale to Apple Health - then I have Cronometer and Apple Health connected. It used to pull body weight and body fat% (last entry showing AH data is 10/29) but no longer does. I also have Cronometer connected directly to my Garmin for tracking my activity, heart rate and sleep. Garmin doesn't pull weight/body fat from any source, I would have to enter it manually if I wanted it which is why I have Cronometer connected to Apple Health as Cronometer also does not work directly with Renpho - So I use AH as an intermediary. Renpho to Apple Watch to Cronometer.