Two things I think need to be addressed ASAP

I’ve got two issues I believe need to be addressed ASAP.

Custom Macros/Calorie settings - I love that you can set your own macros in all versions on the app, MFP has this feature locked behind their subscription (that’s one for Cronometer). However, you REALLY need to have the app calculate the calories when you change the macros. If you’re loosing or gaining weight you’ll be revisiting these values on a regular basis and it really sucks that you have to break out the calculator every time you want to change your carb/fat or even protein. Also, I can guarantee almost no new folks will know about the 4/4/9 of macros.

Favouring Custom and Favourites in search - I got to be honest, I really hate the search function in Cronometer. The extra steps your have to take to specify the Database is a pain. This could easily be fixed by favouring items in your custom foods and favourites list. Right now if I do a search in All for “breakfast”, for which I have a recipe call “Breakfast - Eggs, cereal, coffee” it will show up on the list, but it’s buried under entries of things I never use (Even though I have the sort list set to Most Frequent). I can see a need to define the Database you want to use, but when searching for custom and favourites I shouldn’t have to mess with database selection. I should be able to just open search, begin typing and have all my custom and favourite stuff pop up at the top of the list. Also, you need to somehow set fix the list so to identify favourite foods while looking at the search list. You shouldn’t have to click on an item to see that it’s been favourited.

Over all I’m really liking what you guys are doing. The way you are putting accuracy on nutrition facts really does set you apart from the competition. However, there is still work to be done to streamline the search features and UI IMHO

Comments

• Thanks so much for the feedback @The_Real_Redding
    We are working on some revisions to the food search that I think will suit you. I'm not sure I understand the issue you raised about favourited foods. Once you mark an item as a favorite, you can then select a search filter of favourites to easily filter for all of your favourites. Let me know if you can clarify the issue for me!

We are also hoping to update the way that macro targets are set up in the future! You read our minds (Or did we read yours ;) ) !

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• @Hilary for the favourites I mean when you do a search in “All” it would streamline things if you can tell what items you’ve already favorited just by looking at the list that pops up. As it is now you have to either refine the search to “Favourites” or tap each item to open it an check for the star. This adds extra steps that aren’t needed.

• Thanks @The_Real_Redding I understand now; Thanks for the clarification! Yes, that would be great to have favourites marked in all search results. I will add it to our list. In the meantime, stay tuned for our revisions to the food search update!

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer