Options

Try our new 'Set Repeating Items' feature!

edited May 2023 in Beta Testing

We are excited to announce a highly requested feature: Set Repeating Items. This feature will be exclusively available to Gold Subscribers and enables you to schedule repeating foods, supplements and recipes via the Foods Tab.

This feature is only available to our beta test group right now, so we ask that you report any bugs you encountering while exploring it. We value your feedback, so please don't hesitate to share your thoughts on the design, functionality, etc., with us.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
Tamsin

Comments

• Options

I've been using this for a week or so to have placeholder calorie budget items inserted into each meal slot that I later delete when I put in real food entries. It was working great, but the Play Store updated the app just now and it seems to be gone! How do I get it back?

• Options

Hi @Pangloss sorry about that, we will have the version available for you again today!

• Options

It reappeared after your 6/23 response, but now has vanished again today.

• Options

What happened? Has it been eliminated?

• Options

I liked this new feature, but I also have lost it.

• Options

Hi @Pangloss @mph this will be back in our next release, sorry for the delay!

• Options

I was excited to see this feature added. But it appears it does not populate until that day? So it is essentially useless for planning out the week. Please update it so if we set a repeat food it loads all future dates.

For example: I plan out 4-5 days in advance-- I have my tea, vitamins and pre-workout set as repeat items. All these have fat, carbs and proteins. I cannot fully meal plan if these standard items do not load in advance.

TIA

• Options

I have requested to be added to the beta group. Hope you can approve this soon.

• Options

I've been working with the repeat option and I notice that the banner at the top of the diary - it alerts a person to click and populate the diary with the repeat items - does not show up for quite some time (hours?) each day. I have the items set to a very early time of day, 3:30 am, but the banner did not show up until about 7:00 am. Shouldn't the banner populate at the time I set for the repeat items?

• Options

I find the repeat item function really useful. But I would love if it could be expanded, so it is also possible to repeat exercises. I always do the same bike ride every sunday. I also go for a walk every day. It would be nice to have these autopoulated the same way that I can now do with food.

• Options

I'm trying to change the time so that the repeat items show up first thing in the morning, which is 3 am for me. Time is not changeable, it seems. Even if I delete and try to renew an item, the default time is 18:00 - not useful much.

• Options

The repeat items functionality is a great addition - thank you for that! There are two things I can think of that would make it better that I hope you might be able to consider: 1) add "exercise" as a tab for repeat exercise and 2) allow more specificity around when an item repeats.

To explain why I think these would be valuable:
    1) This one is simple - some do similar exercises on a regular cadence just like some eat similar foods or supplement on a regular cadence. This would be a timesaving add.
    2) Some have an exercise routine (or even meal routine) that isn't the same every day each week, though it might be the same on odd days, even days, or even specific days of the month. Also, for supplementation that isn't done daily or the same day every week, it would be excellent.

I have a workaround that repeats items every day and then I delete them on the days I don't need them, but it would enhance my experience (and I could only imagine others' as well) with something like 1 and 2. Thank you for considering!

• Options

I would like to make sure I understand #2: You would like to add the option to repeat on odd days, even days, or specific days of the month?
    Thank you I will pass along your feedback to the team.

• Options

yeah, flexibility would be great. I have a 4 week schedule of dinners I make, so it'd be nice to be repeat an item every x weeks.

• Options

Thank you for your reply and consideration. I don't think I did a good job explaining the specifics on repeat. I envision functionality like a Google Calendar, Microsoft Calendar, or almost any electronic calendar has nowadays for meetings and events. For recurring meetings/events, one has the option of picking a start date and an end date (or no end date) and can choose the recurrence. In this case, it would be a food or exercise. So one could select a recurrence to start tomorrow, every 2 days, log 30 minutes of walking, and repeat forever. Or, starting next Tuesday for the next 4 weeks, every 3 days, log food A and supplement B. Make more sense?

Thanks again and please let me know if I can offer more detail.