Suggestion: TIME on meal header

On the Diary it would be helpful and more efficient to have the option of having the

TIME on the meal header rather than on each item. This way if I enter the meal after the fact, only one TIME entry would need to be corrected.

Right now if I enter a meal later in the day I have to correct the time on every item as I enter them.

Maria H
My story: jumpovertherattlesnake.com/

Comments

• This is such a great idea! I would love to have this feature as well! Would make editing timestamps for meals so much easier!

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• How would this work when it comes to snacks? I have 2-3 small snacks a day at different times of the day.

Lizzy

• @fitgirl we could have the choice to have time stamps on either items or meals. Right now we have the choice of having time stamps for individual items show or not on the diary.

On snacks I have set up 5 meals a day to accommodate my snacking habits: breakfast, almuerzo (Spanish for a small mid-morning snack), mid-day, merienda (ditto for mid afternoon snack), and dinner. I also have a “snacks” meal group that I use for additional snacks at any time.

Maria H

• Ahhh that’s makes sense now, I also have 4 meals a day Breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 snacks, I have don’t have it set up the way you do I have it set up like this.

I want it set up like you do but I like having supplements, biometrics exercise and notes in the diary and we are only allowed 8 diary headings I wish there was an option to be able to add more, if you know a better way I can group these and still be able to have 5 meals separate meals in the diary let me know.

Lizzy

• Well you have to do what works for you.

I log water within the meal groups, not in a separate group. I use Garmin Connect as my “hub” for exercise and everything transfers to Cronometer so I don’t need the exercise group. Cronometer is my nutrition “hub” And Apple Health has everything.

Same for meds and supplements, I log those within the meals and have made a custom recipe for Day and Night supplements so it’s a one click entry. Since they have a different icon they are easy to spot.

I do have a Biometrics group also. And I made a group named “imported” where all the imported stuff goes by default from other apps. If I want any imported stuff to go into a particular group I just move it there later.

So my groups are the 5 meals I mentioned plus snacks, biometrics and Imported. I hardly use the snacks group because of the 5 meal setup.

Maria H

• that’s great thanks, When your Garmin Transfers your excersise to cronometer what does it look like when it’s transferred to the app/website?

Lizzy

• There it is in the Imported group which is at the bottom of my diary. I wear a Vivosmart3 HR 24/7 so it also records my sleep, activity and any exercise.

Maria H

• thats awesome I don’t have a Garmin but I do have an Apple Watch would it look just the same as the Garmin when it transfers to cronometer? Also do you set your activity level to 0? I hear if you don’t and you have an Apple Watch or Garmin it will double up you calories burned. Thanks for all you help 😊

Lizzy

• @fitgirl I do set my activity level to 0 in Cronometer and have set a deficit of a lb/week (500 kcal/day). I don't know what Apple Watch will do or look like but when I have Apple Health app transfer info to Cronometer it looks the same.
    Yeah, so the Garmin in my case keeps track of activity level via heart rate tracking and steps 24/7 and adds calories to my "daily activity" accordingly.
    When I walk, do yoga, hike, swim or bike, that counts as additional kcals burned in "exercise events." Also if I do hard yard work or work on a home project or even cleaning day, I have custom activities set for that in Garmin so it keeps track of heart rate and mileage while doing those heavy work things. Pretty accurate so far according to my weight loss- from 156 last year to 134 this week. Slow and easy.

Maria H

• oh ok cause Apple Watch transfers everything go Apple health so which I assume it will then transfer to cronometer, When you set your calorie deficit of 1lbs a week did cronometer give you an exact 500 calorie deficit a day? Cause I have mine set to lose 1lbs a week also but it gives me a 499 calorie daily deficit.

Lizzy

• I confess I don't know. One little calorie per day would amount to 365 calories per year, or roughly a tenth of a pound difference...in a year!
    Weight loss science is not that exact and there are many other variables that have much more an effect on weight loss (such as variance in resting metabolism from day to day) so no worries!

Maria H