Why don't "net carbs" add up on Cronometer? Marketing ploy?

For instance, a Atkins, Chocolate Chip Granola Bar is 3 net carbs. (Total Carbs (17g)-Fiber (6g)-Glycerin (8g).
But on Cronometer it's 11g net carbs. I realize that the math means that Cronometer doesn't subtract the Glycerin.
Is the Atkins version of net carbs just something they've done from a marketing stance? Is it not really correct to subtract Glycerin from the equation when trying to calc net carbs?

Comments

• Hi @RecruiterGuy glycerin is a sugar alcohol and is treated as such in Cronometer. Make sure you have your profile set to 'include Sugar Alcohols in Net Carbs'. You can do this by navigating to the profile tab and scrolling down to the bottom section labelled "Macronutrient targets"

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• I do have that option checked, thanks @Hilary
    The math still doesn't seem to be aligned with the wrapper, though. Maybe I need more coffee?

• edited June 2018

@RecruiterGuy

Sometimes, brands will have slightly different formulations of product under the same barcode. You can submit an issue with photos of your packages that we can look into this issue.

On the web version, you can report an issue with your specific food by right clicking on the food entry in your diary to select "view/edit selected food". Then select the settings icon in the top right corner, and select "report an issue".
    In the mobile app version, tap "More details" and select the "!" icon in the top right corner. Submitting your issues helps us maintain an accurate and complete database. Thanks for your diligence in making sure our food entries are accurate!
    Please include clear photos of both the front of the package (including the brand and name of the product) and the nutrition information listed on the package.

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer