Options

added sugar

How do I track added sugar?

Answers

• Options

Under Carbohydrates there's now an "Added Sugars" micronutrient. If it's not visible by default, you'll have to turn it on from your settings.

Profile -> Nutritional Targets -> Carbohydrates -> tick "Added Sugars"

At this stage most databases don't have added sugar data yet, but it will happen. If you know how much added sugar is in your custom foods, you can edit them and move some sugar to added sugar.

• Options

If you know how much added sugar is in your custom foods, you can edit them and move some sugar to added sugar.

How do you do this. Can you please give me step by step instructions for this.

• Options
    1. Web app -> Foods -> click on your custom food.
    2. Check that you're editing the correct portion size, e.g. 100g, 1 cup, etc.
    3. Scroll down to Carbohydrates section.
    4. Subtract your known added sugar quantity from "Sugars" (and probably also from Sucrose?).
    5. Put that number into "Added Sugars".
    6. Scroll back up to click "Save Changes".
  • Options

Hello @Vickie & @LRWCLW ,

The 'Sugar' sub-component should include the total sugars (natural and added), 'Added Sugar' shows how much of these total sugars are added sugars.

For example the total sugars for a serving of cane sugar would be 17 grams (g) and the added sugars declaration would also be 17g.

We shouldn't be subtracting the added sugars from the total sugars.

Cheers,

Marie-Eve
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

@Marie_Eve_H Oh I see! I haven't had any real labels to look at yet but the Added Sugars micronutrient is at the same level as Sugars, so I'd assumed it's its own thing. Thanks for clarifying!