Options

cronometer did really helped me

hello,
I have noticed that a lot of different apps and websites are recommended for weight loss. The most common being MFP, Lose It and Fitbit. Also a couple of additional apps like Libra to track your weight and some hydration trackers.

However, I have never, never seen anyone talk about Cronometer. Why is that? Is the app simply unpopular? Does everyone find it inconvenient to use? I am just curious!

I personally use the web-app because I'm not a smartphone fan anyway. I had tried MFP before and didn't really like it. I just wasn't a fan of it. The barcode scanner was nice but I am also a bit strict when it comes to my tracking that I'd rather research everything myself just to be sure.

It's often mentioned that an app like Libra is needed when you want to see a curve of your weight-loss trends. I was quite surprised because I thought most calorie/fitness trackers came with that feature. Cronometer does for example o.O

I have to admit, Cronometer's database is pretty small where I live, whereas MFP is much more active. Like I said, I don't really mind that because I add my own custom foods anyway but I can see why that might bother people.

This is not supposed to be an ad, I just pointed out what I like about the app xD

Comments

• Options

Cronometer is my favourite nutrient tracking app that I've been using daily for 6 years! But most people aren't concerned about micronutrients, and could be overwhelmed by the amount of information available on the app. If you look around the forums you'll find quite a few people being confused by a lot of things!

• Options

@meghangomes Thanks so much for your positive feedback! As a pretty small company (~16 employees) feedback like this means so much to us all! Like Vickie says, we are focused on tracking micronutrients and accuracy, meaning things take a little more time and the learning curve is a bit steeper.
    Here at Cronometer, we take pride in curating an accurate and complete database. Every user submitted food is reviewed by our curation team before being added to the database. This means that it might take a little bit longer for foods to be added to our public database than other larger companies, but when the item is added we make sure it is accurate!
    If you do find a mistake we would love it if you could let us know!
    On the web version, you can report an issue with your specific food by right clicking on the food entry in your diary to select "view/edit selected food". Then select the settings icon in the top right corner, and select "report an issue". In the mobile app version, tap "More details" and select the "!" icon in the top right corner. Submitting your issues helps us maintain an accurate and complete database.
    We recently released a blog post about how to choose the best data for your needs here: https://cronometer.com/blog/6-tips-getting-nutrition-data/
    If your priority is to get the most detailed information for a food, I recommend choosing entries from the NCCDB in the Common Foods Tab. By choosing entries in the common foods tab (as described in the above link to Blog post) you can ensure that you are getting the most accurate and complete information possible.

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer