Cronometer Beta Build 1 Notes
By now, most of you have the beta build. As you fire it up and have a look, you’ll notice a ton of improvements to many aspects of the app. Instead of having to hunt around for all those changes, I have made a brief list of them below. Try them all out, and if you have any questions feel free to ask. If I have forgotten anything, I am sure my teammates will jump in and let everyone know.
- New color scheme - The whole app got a cosmetic update with more changes here than I have space to list.
- Moved Settings to profile - We have moved all the settings in the app to the Profile screen to make them easier to find.
- Macro Targets settings - We changed the way our macro settings work. Instead of listing a set amount of diet types and a mixture of options, we have three settings now that encompass everything: Fixed Targets, Keto Calculator and Ratio. This matches the recent changes on the web app. You can read more about how those settings work here: https://cronometer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018362851
- Multi add setting - Adding multiple foods to your diary is now a setting that can be found in the Profile -> Diary Settings screen. When this setting is enabled, you will stay on the search screen after adding a food so you can quickly add foods with out having tap the + button menu every time. To get back to the diary, just tap the back button at the top left of the search screen.
- Widget redesign - The widgets at the top of the diary screen have been revamped to be a bit cleaner and more informative. Give them a tap and see what you think.
- New Food editor - We have updated our custom food editor to be more in line with the changes we made to the custom recipe editor, which we think will make adding custom food by hand a lot easier and less overwhelming.
- Label Reader - Speaking of making adding custom foods easier, when you scan a food that is not in our database and take pictures of the nutrition label, the app will now attempt to read that label and auto-fill the data that you use to have to enter by hand.
- Lots of little UI updates - More than I can mention here. See what you can find!
And just to reiterate, here are the guidelines for posting bugs and feedback for the beta builds:
- The goals for this beta run is to find bugs as well as get some early feedback on our design changes. We're still iterating on the design and things will change with each build, so keep that in mind as you use the app.
- When posting a bug: Use the preface [Bug] in the title. Please include as much detail about what you were doing and some clear steps of how to reproduce it if possible. If you can include a screenshot, that will help us immensely. Also, before you post a bug, please take a look through what has already been posted to make sure you are not duplicating anything.
- When posting feedback: No real guidelines, just be as constructive as possible and we will do what we can to address it.
- Finally, just use the app as you would normally. If you want to explore the changes more deeply, feel free. What we are really interested in is if the changes we have made make your daily use of the app better than before.
I look forward to hearing from all of you!
As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs: