Adjusting the per-serving weight for complex recipes

Problem: the total weight for a given recipe is the weight of the ingredients BEFORE cooking/preparation, which makes the per-serving weight largely meaningless for determining portion size post-preparation.

Solution: allow the manual specification of the final weight of a prepared dish, to make calculation of fractional portions easier.

OK, what am I talking about here? I think a concrete example will make the problem clear. Yesterday, we made this awesome turkey/veggie lasagna, and I diligently entered every single ingredient's weight accurately. The result was a recipe that cronometer thinks has a total weight of 7070g. That is the initial weight of the uncooked ground turkey, veggies, etc, and is accurate.

However, when weighing the final dish when it comes out of the oven, the actual weight of the final product is only 3990g, because we lose a LOT of water as the turkey fat is rendered, and the water cooks off of the veggies (which we roast and prep before making the "lasagna", otherwise it comes out as lasagna soup).

Now, when I serve it, I have to whip out my calculator to figure out what fraction of an actual "serving" to enter. Cronometer thinks one serving is 884g, when in reality, 1/8th of that dish is 498g. What I typically do now is use the "notes" section of the recipe to record the final weight of the dish, and the REAL per-serving weight, but...

It would be a very convenient feature to be able to enter the numbers for the post-preparation weights (total, and per-serving), since for MOST prepared food that involves cooking with any heat, there will be a significant change in these numbers. Then, use these numbers to display the weight of a single serving in the cronometer menus, for example, when entering things into the diary.

I hope I've described the problem clearly, and that my propose solution is feasible to implement, but I expect the cronometer team to come up with a better idea :-)