Fitbit import activity overstated

After the sync issue with Fitbit was fixed this week to pull the data, the Fitbit Activity that is imported is overstated in the morning, but then levels out as the day goes on. For example, when I check chronometer in the morning, Fitbit Activity is showing -800 kcal and then decreases throughout the day to about -600. At the end of the day, the total calories burned on Chronometer does match the total calories burned on Fitbit, but I'm not getting a good representation during the day. Is this happening for anyone else?

Comments

• I am having the same issues since the first and still no improvement. I'm also seeing no update on the Fitbit Status Dashboard link that was given us. Is there any further news?

• I came to this help board to ask the same exact question. Something changed, and is not as easy to read as it used to be. I know I didn't burn 2K calories before noon, but my app says I did!

• KSurber
    edited September 6

I set my BMR in Cronometer to "none" which helps the end number at the end of the day match between Cronometer and Fitbit, but it's still still inaccurate throughout the day.

• Yeah, I've been trying to figure out what could've caused this but the behavior on mine is similar but sounds like your is a little different. I guess it must have to do with the FitBit update recently?

When I check Cronometer in the morning, it acts similarly to yours and says that I burned around 800-1000 calories overnight... Which is definitely a new behavior that started after the FitBit app's update. However, different from your observations, my calories burned coming from FitBit just keep climbing all day -- by the end of the day, Cronometer reports that I burned something like ~3000-3600 calories.

For context, I'm 5'11" sitting around 175lbs. I WFH and basically sit at my desk 9-5. Even with heavy workouts in the evening, my usual total calories burned sits around 2500-3000 max, with the upper end of that range pretty much exclusively being hit on weekends or days off.

As a side note - last night I left my FitBit off while I slept, and I figured that might mean the activity data wouldn't sync to Cronometer. That's how it's worked historically for me, anyway. But apparently I was wrong and, once again, woke up to learn that I'd burned 800 calories overnight... I guess Google / FitBit just know me so well that they 100% knew I went crazy hard on my post-midnight sleep-running cardio sesh

• I don't want to jinx it, but it seems as if the issue may be resolved for me. I didn't have 800 kcal of fitbit activity imported when I got up this morning, so I added my baseline activity back on Cronometer and everything now appears to be as it was before all this started. Here's hoping!

• I'm having the same experience as KSurber this morning. Keeping my fingers crossed!

• Same here - seeing usual numbers so far 🤞

• Same problem. Just started a few days ago. I’ve been having issues with Fitbit since Google acquired it. All kinds of issues; definitely not as good as it was before. Hopefully this issue of over reporting the activity will get fixed