Can’t see/add food from the food databases

I can’t add food from the databases. The entirety of food options that can be added to new entries are the ones that have been added for past entries.
It worked earlier today. The app is up to date. I reset my iphone. Is my free account limited access? Where’d the databases go?

Best Answer

  • AaronW
    Answer ✓

    This was an answer to my support ticket.

    Michelle (Cronometer)

    Sep 22, 2026, 2:06 p.m. PDT

    Hi Aaron,
     
    Thanks for getting in touch. 

    We are aware that our food search function is currently unavailable. We expect this issue to be resolved in roughly 60 minutes and our team is working to restore it even sooner. 

    In the meantime, you can still:

    • Select foods from your recent history
    • Scan foods using the barcode scanner
    • Copy and paste foods from previous diary entries
    • Log foods using Photo Logging and Voice Logging (Gold users only)

    We’re really sorry for the inconvenience and will be back in touch as soon as the issue has been resolved.
     
    Warmest regards,
    Michelle

Answers

  • I think it is down, I can't see any options to add

  • Nice having company :)

  • I can’t determine when this was published, this is 9–22-26. Everything’s gone - all the food. It worked this morning, but not now. So I thought, I will scan the UPC. It doesn’t even let you take a picture now. It opens up, tries to focus and then closes down.

    The workaround for me that usually, but irritatingly enough not always, has been working is go back to a day when I last ate that food by scanning for a long time. Open it, hit save and then it shows up - but it only shows up in for that moment. The next time I opened it up it’s all gone again. It shows up on my diary, but if I try and add it for a second meal it’s nowhere to be found. I tried looking in the “Help” file but it also says there’s nothing available for anything. The items are listed in the repeat category. The items if they are custom foods show up. But I haven’t had to add any of those so I have no idea if that’ll work or not. I’m so glad I just spent all this money to renew (read sarcasm here)

  • It seems to work on the website. Temporary workaround until app is fixed?

  • It seems to be working now. Problem solved