I'm following a LCHF way of eating and want to have sugar alchols deducted from total carbs

checking and unchecking the add sugar alcohols to net carbs doesn't change the net carb value. How can I accomplish this?

"I've never considered excessive sanity a virtue" Mike Uris, San Antonio Express-News, 2002

Best Answer

Answers

• Did you set this using the latest iOS app? There does appear to be a bug in it's setting. In the meantime, use the web version to change this setting and restart the app -- that should work!

• I'm changing via my PC on your website. I closed out and came back but the sugar alcohols are still not being subtracted to get to net carbs.

"I've never considered excessive sanity a virtue" Mike Uris, San Antonio Express-News, 2002

• I don't think it does. Its the Atkins Endulge Caramel Nut Chew. It was listed in the db and then I entered it myself but didn't see "sugar" alcohols, just alcohols in the form. It's only 2 net carbs and I guess I don't need to log it (the diary shows 11 net carbs).

• You can edit Sugar Alcohols in the food editor, it should show at the bottom of the Carb section just below 'Added Sugars':

• Darn it I. I looked at the full listing for the CRDB of this item and sugar alcohols are listed. But, I'm okay with just not entering them into my food diary because its only once a week or so.

• @comanchesue , If you find a food listing that is missing information or has incorrect information, we would love to hear about it so we can fix it for you and other users! On your Mobile app, select the food and tap "More details" and select the "!" icon in the top right corner. The app will then walk you through the steps of submitting photos and comments!

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• How about doing something about including/excluding resistant starch from the carbo breakout? Of course, the problem is that most labels do not break it down into that particular starch, even though it so nutritionally significant!