Reliably heartrate monitor chest strap

I have a Fitbit but don't think the heart rate tracking is stellar-especially during aerobic workouts. What I would like is a chest-strap monitor that works with my phone so I don't need another watch to wear during my work out. Does anyone have a recommendation? Accuracy is the most important aspect.

"I've never considered excessive sanity a virtue" Mike Uris, San Antonio Express-News, 2002

Comments

• edited June 2020

Garmin's HRM-Dual chest strap heart rate monitor can connect to just about any device or app

• I went with the Polar heart strap monitor and am impressed with its accuracy and it sends data to the polar app on my phone so I get real-time monitoring (I prop the phone up and can track my heart rate in 'real-time'). Because I can see it in real-time I am able to manually verify my heart rate (the display shows seconds elapsing)-something Fitbit doesn't allow as the screen doesn't stay lit long enough).

"I've never considered excessive sanity a virtue" Mike Uris, San Antonio Express-News, 2002

• I 2nd Polar chest strap. I have an H10 and have used it for a couple of years now. Very accurate and the app has a wide selection of exercises to choose from.