HUGE slowdowns for a couple days

I've noticed HUGE slowdowns for a couple days, making both the android app & web app barely usable. It takes between a couple seconds to several minutes to log a single item to Cronometer.

I'm currently abroad in India but I tested other (canadian) websites and speed is totally normal. No other android app is slow on my phone. The internet connection here is fine otherwise.

I'm a heavy Cronometer user and this is really problematic right now (I need to log every gram of food I eat for medical purposes). Please have a look into that ! I'm losing an awful lot of time with Cronometer since a couple days !

Comments

• update : the web version seems fine now but the android app is still totally unusually slow ; i even have to force close it else it wont even refresh correctly

• Hi @AlexC I'm not aware of any changes that would cause this and we have not heard any other reports... have you updated your app to the latest version?
    Cronometer does require a strong internet connection, so it may be that your other apps don't seem slow because they do not require the same standard of connection.

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Well this morning everything is back to normal for the android app as well. I really don't know what to say then. Maybe some internet router from Asia was malfunctioning? :D

Wouldn't be my devices because both my macbook & android phone were slow accessing Cronometer - yet I was able to phone people over Voip and other speed critical things without problem...

Anyway thanks for the follow up!

• I didn't notice any performance changes. I suspect it was some eccentricity related to your travels.

• edited February 2020

For months the Cronometer web page on Windows 10 has be very slow and I've almost stopped using it and usually I do not complete my entries because I'm waiting so long to be able to enter the next item. I use Chrome and I've tried multiple browsers to no avail. I gave it another try today and the same problem. Its taking up too much of my time to use. I really liked it but it is now cumbersome. My internet is excellent and my computer works great, I keep up to date and everything else works well.

• edited February 2021

Lots of slowdowns today, both in the Android app (20+ minutes to find a food, until I killed the app), and in the web app: repeated forced logouts and error messages, including

com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.StatusCodeException: 500 The call failed on the server; see server log for details

PS: just found other reports from November 2020

• I it's been very slow for me in the past until I updated to the gold version and it worked fine