Low net carbs

I am having trouble getting my net carbs up to the required level. What should I do?

Comments

• Could you be a little more specific? There are a lot of variables that go into a proper diet. I'm assuming you are doing a keto diet.

Me, Sandee & German Shepherd Dog Zeus Full Time RVers that left Illinois for better weather.
    Using the KETO "diet" for weight loss but working on making keto a life style.
    Don

• Carb is not essential nutrient. There is no disease state cause by a carbohydrate deficiency. The only reason the food pyramid specifies so much carbs is for calories, because of the unproven theory that fat is bad, you have to get enough energy something else.

So what's the real issue? Hungry? Eating too much fat or protein? Feel you aren't getting enough fruits and veggies?

• jefmcg, I agree with your post but with a caveat. As I'm sorting out choosing better fuel I'm not getting as much fat as I want...yet. LOL At the same time I'm getting more protein than I want. So, I would rephrase your response of "Eating too much fat or protein?" to "Do you think you are eating too much fat or protein?" That might be a way to get a response from the OP that is helpful.

In short, I agree with you. The OP shouldn't be worried about not getting enough net carbs. HOWEVER, as time progress they should look for getting about 10% of their calories in the form of high quality carbs (non-starch veggies and such) for their nutritional values.

Me, Sandee & German Shepherd Dog Zeus Full Time RVers that left Illinois for better weather.
    Using the KETO "diet" for weight loss but working on making keto a life style.
    Don