Leaves of Celery

Does anyone know why celery leaves aren't in any database on Cronometer? I would think that Swiss Chard is more bitter than celery leaf! It's my habit to discard the leaves when cooking celery. Do most people use them?

Comments

• I'm confused. If even you discard the celery leaves, why are you confused that they aren't in any databases?

• edited February 2020

You're confused? Really? Re-read your comment. EDIT: Many people DO eat celery leaves. Wanting to know how celery leaves compare nutritionally with swiss chard leaves or spinach leaves is called being "curious", NOT "confused", just so you know.

• Whoa calm down! I'm curious about celery leaves, too -- I've eaten them before because I don't like to be wasteful! I'm also curious what you meant by your original post, hence my comment. I was confused by your "It's my habit to discard the leaves when cooking celery. Do most people use them?" lines. It read like you found celery leaves in the database and was surprised that it's even there, because you discard them and you don't expect many people to eat them.

Re-read my comment with this new comment in mind. I was not attacking you! Genuinely shocked by your reaction but maybe tone is lost in forum posts.

• I don't see how you could make the leap from this statement: "It's my habit to discard the leaves when cooking celery. Do most people use them?" to thinking that "It read like you found celery leaves in the database and was surprised that it's even there, because you discard them and you don't expect many people to eat them."

I may use the whole celery in the future, too, because it seems like a waste to throw the leaves away. I'm guessing the nutritional value is about equal to the stalk. So in the future, I'll measure the weight of both the stalk and the leaves and enter that weight into Cronometer. As an aside, beet greens are another part of produce commonly thrown away but highly nutritious. I'm guessing 100X more than anything found in the leaves of celery. Beet greens are in Cronometer's database, too.

You had me triggered there! jajaja

• edited February 2020

Starchivore stop getting triggered over celery.