Any way to reorder groups?

I was wondering if there is a way to reorder my diary groups and have the foods in each category actually move with the group. For example, if I decided that I wanted dinner to come before lunch, I can go in the settings and swap the two names, but all past entries will remain where they were. This isn't the end of the world currently since I've only been using Cronometer for about 2 weeks (and I'm loving it!), but it makes me wonder what would happen way in the future if I decided to make some big change to my diary...

Best Answer

Answers

• Sorry for the double-post, I can't find an edit button for my question. Thinking about t his more, I realized that the groups are purely aesthetic. While changing the groups would make reviewing past diary entries a little confusing, it won't affect the charts or nutrition report in any way. And, as a hobbyist programmer, I get the feeling that groups aren't really designed to "own" the items placed in them, and it would probably be a lot of work to change that.

That being said, it's something I would be super stoked to see change in future, though I understand it wouldn't happen soon. If the groups were more attached to their contents, it would open up some even more interesting ways to analyze your nutrition history. Like charting how a specific meal has changed over time rather than the day as a whole.

Anyways, I'm super glad someone on reddit recommended this program. I'm so glad to be done with My Fitness Pal being slower than snail mail!