Options

Refunds

Hi still getting to use the program for a week now. Now sure i want to stick with it. Is there a refund policy on the monthly plan? I was not able to find one on the site. Thanks.

Answers

• Options

Hello! Please contact support@cronometer.com. We we will be happy to look into refunds on a case-by-case basis

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options
    edited April 2020

Thank you for the prompt response. Your policy is unfortunate. I had no intention of canceling the question was merely inquisitive. Sadly, your policy goes against industry norms. I actually prefer the approach of - here is X amount of free days on premium if you like it you come back for more and I will charge you the next go around - like a drug dealer. Getting used to your service I have found a simplistic time-efficient workaround for the glaring failure of food choice lookup (spare us the dissertation on your definition of "common food.") However with that said, I wont support a business that implicitly denies a test drive. I just canceled my renew option. Mynetdiary is nearly double the price but that's ok it's my second choice that just became my first.

• Options

Hello,
    I am not sure to which policy you are referring; We are generally very receptive to willing to provide trials. You are also welcome to continue using our fully functional (with a few less add on feature) completely free version of Cronometer indefinitely. We are also always willing to look into refunds on a case by case basis; simply shoot us a message at support@cronometer.com!
    Could you explain the issue you are having with our food search? We would love to help you find what you are looking for!

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• Options

I stated i had been using for a few weeks now a new user and was inquiring about the refund/trial period policy and your response was "refunds on a case-by-case basis" which coincides with your published refund / trial policy which is None. You don't have one. It sounds like the unwritten policy is one of - if someone asks we will provide otherwise its None. The issue with food choice lookup has been discussed ad nauseam on this forum for years so I wont rehash it here. I think i did see a post from a year ago where the android app was modified to now show foods preciously used in the food diary now in the lookup. This fix has not made its way to the web. Common foods, Supplements, Brands, Restaurants, - are all irrelevant to someone looking for their previously entered diary items. Favorites are only the ones you previously chose as favorite not an inclusive list of prior entries. The smart-learning "All" category is more frustrating than anything since its not my previous items its basically google analytics telling me that because I had spinach I must be interested in kale and because i had almonds i must be interested in almond milk and so fourth which is all inaccurate.

I found the only efficient way to use this "add food" function (the crux of any calorie tracker) is to make each and every food item a separate Custom Recipe. It may be one item or multiple items in each recipe either oats and blueberries separate or make them one recipe if they are always eaten together in the same quantity. Peanut butter and jelly on white bread can be one recipe or three. That way on the Add Food list everything that is needed is already in the Custom tab no searching and grinding teeth wondering why there is no list of previously entered items. The user needs to do the work of the software and create the list of previously used items - before the items are used. Either way the lookup needs to be done but instead of looking it up and then wondering where it went its looked up added to Custom and always there going forward. The misnomer here is its not a custom food in the actual sense it's a common food to the user but a different definition of common than cronometer uses. So in reality its common to me and custom to everyone else. This is the only way to effectively use this app in my opinion.

• Options

Thanks for the feedback @refund. I will pass it along

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• Options
    edited April 2020

Speaking from experience, Cronometer is EXTREMELY open to refunds. I was a Gold member for a month last year but was going through some issues so I sent them a quick note asking for a refund. All I put in the e-mail was "this wasn't working for me right now" and they refunded me within 24 hours my ENTIRE subscription fee. No pro-rating, a straight refund.

I'm sorry, but this post struck me as extremely obnoxious and someone who just wanted to argue. So it didn't work for you. Let them know it wasn't working for you. That's all that was necessary to do. You essentially just advertised another product so all this hit me as was someone advertising something and making a big deal about a simple process to request a refund.

• Options

"
    Adorianda
    Adorianda
    12:30PM edited 12:31PM

Speaking from experience, Cronometer is EXTREMELY open to refunds. I was a Gold member for a month last year but was going through some issues so I sent them a quick note asking for a refund. All I put in the e-mail was "this wasn't working for me right now" and they refunded me within 24 hours my ENTIRE subscription fee. No pro-rating, a straight refund.

I'm sorry, but this post struck me as extremely obnoxious and someone who just wanted to argue. So it didn't work for you. Let them know it wasn't working for you. That's all that was necessary to do. You essentially just advertised another product so all this hit me as was someone advertising something and making a big deal about a simple process to request a refund.
    "

You apparently interpret thought, reasoning, and fact, as "obnoxious."

Please enlist the help of a family member or co-worker to read thru the thread and assist. My comments and Hilary's were very clear to follow; they have no stated refund / trial policy. That's all. Neither I nor Hilary stated "they were not open to refunds" only you stated that. To help clarify a bit further for you; "stated" for purposes of this discussion is being used as in "everyday language context" meaning; "openly published." They have no stated refund or trial period. I inquired about that originally because I was not able to find anything stated (i.e. published) thinking maybe I was overlooking it and Hilary responded that their refunds are discretionary and they have a "willingness" to offer trials. Which takes us back to - no stated (i.e. published) policies - if they did Hilary would have directed me to these published policies. I don't disagree that they are "EXTREMELY open to refunds" as you state. However that doesn't have anything to do with my question and comments. The fact that I prefer to do business with businesses that offer stated /published /explicit policies as opposed to policies that are discretionary and intangible is a personal one. Nevertheless this personal choice of mine seems to be the basis of your misreadings.

Also I never stated the program was not working for me as you implied. In fact I find it more appealing than the other 6-8 programs I have looked at. The food look-up is an item of contention brought up on these threads many times over the years I know because I read. I indicated that I found a work-around that eases the pain of the inadequate search / retention function. So the software certainly is working for me which is inconsistent with your comments.

"You essentially just advertised another product so all this hit me as was someone advertising something and making a big deal about a simple process to request a refund." - I wasn't even sure what you were referring to I had to go back and read thru my initial comments. I was hardly "advertising." Have you never seen anyone mention another program / app / service on merchant's forum? Adorianda, it happens. And its not always filled with ill intent. I simply mentioned it because I wanted to show I was willing to pay more for a service with clearly stated policies as opposed to a service with vague discretionary policies. That's all this thread has to do with, openly stated policies. In the business world, noting positive ever comes from vague, discretionary, subjective, and implicit. Perhaps cronometer can put this in as an enhancement.

• Options

refund,
    You may want to check with MND, but their cancellation is as follows:

Users of the Website and Mobile Apps may cancel their accounts at any time. There is no minimum commitment to open or maintain an account. The cancellation form can be found on the Account page in the member section of the Site.

The Site's service is billed in advance and its fees are nonrefundable. There are no refunds or credits for partial months of service or for unused months of membership. In order to treat all users equally, no exceptions will be made.

• Options

Hi @refund ,

You can find our refund policies here: https://cronometer.com/terms/

Please email us at support@cronometer.com if you have any questions or concerns, we'll be happy to assist you.

Cheers,
    Marie-Eve

Marie-Eve
    cronometer.com