Options

Calories for homemade recipe

Hi everyone,please I need to know how to calculate calories for homemade recipes specifically tahini (sesame seeds and oil)as I used to make tahini from scratch at home how to enter it in recipe calculator.the same thing for peanut butter I used to grind peanuts untill it turns into peanut butter.

Answers

• Options

If you know the weight or volume of sesame seeds and oil you use, you can create the recipe by plugging in that information under Ingredients. And if you only use peanuts in your homemade peanut butter, you can probably use the NCCDB entry "Peanut Butter, Natural, Unsalted" on your diary directly. Or are you struggling with other parts of the Custom Recipes tab?

• Options

And after I measure the weight of sesame seeds and oil and create the recipe and the sesame turns into paste what I choose weight based or serving based?

• Options

Rana April 20
    And after I measure the weight of sesame seeds and oil and create the recipe and the sesame turns into paste what I choose weight based or serving based?

I think you could use either one for tahini or peanut butter but since most of my recipes involve changes in weight during cooking I use serving based and name my recipe something like "Peanut butter per oz" or "Dry rub per gram" just to be consistent.

"Eat food, not too much, mostly plants." Michael Pollan