Options

Successful Heart Health Diet

I was diagnosed with Coronary Artery Disease last October, which required changes in diet and exercise to manage. I also take a statin to lower LDL cholesterol . Change is difficult.
In addition to changes to my exercise routine to make it more heart-centered, I have made a number of modifications to my diet, all of which are recommended by the American Heart Association. These changes have been slow and accumulative over the past six months, but I have made all the major modifications I hoped to make. Now it is a matter of fine-tuning my diet. Cronometer has been an invaluable help in tracking my nutrition over the last six months. Without it's simple-to-use food entry system and nutritional data, I know I could not have made the progress I have made. My diet is now heart-healthy and I will reap the benefits, hopefully for years to come.

Comments

• Options

Congratulations from turning a negative health problem into a positive direction. For your life!

• Options

Congrats. Chronometer really gives us the power! Eye opener my supplements unnecessary in some cases way over RDA!

• Options

Not sure what kind of diet you follow but you could check Dr. Ornish diet, the only diet that scientifically proven to reverse CAD. Dr. Greger is talking about it a lot too. Check his website nutritionfacts.org . You can find them on YouTube as well

• Options

I follow Dr Esselstyn's diet advice for heart patients. 7th year with congestive heart disease. Getting stronger and EF is improving.

I don't take statins, they make me feel like death warmed over.

After a year of WFPB (whole food plant based) eating, my BP is down, I breath better.And,take fewer meds.

I hope to fire my cardiologist soon...