WFPB whole food plant based diet

Dear all,

I wanted to share a bit of my journey with you, since I wished someone would have told me this stuff a few years ago.
A couple of years ago I started having too much weight and inflammation in my joints. I started off with a ketogenic diet for roughly 2 years and lost quite some weight in the beginning but re-gained all the weight while still sticking to that diet. Inflammation was really reduced but overall, I did not feel so great after a while. When researching a bit more I realized what harm I was actually doing to my arteries and cells with all that fat and lack of micronutrients. I switched to a whole food plant based diet one year ago and I basically got my life back!
I have lost weight and have less inflammation. I am feeling much better and it is has been astonishingly easy for me to stick to the WFPB diet, especially since I love to eat fruits and veggies. I am feeling much healthier and am starting to regain my energy. If I just knew this a couple of years earlier...

Comments

• Thank you for sharing your story. My story is similar. I was on the keto diet for about two years, and I also gained all the weight back. Only I gained much more weight. Since being on a whole food plant based diet I have lost a lot of weight. I still have more weight I would like to lose. I feel much better when I am eating real whole foods. If I eat even a little bit of processed foods that are high calorie and full of oils and other junk, I start gaining weight again. I have to concentrate on low calorie dense foods. I found that it feels really good to eat lots of fruits and vegetables and I really love the starches like potatoes, beans and rice, polenta, chili, pasta etc. So I try to eat fruits and veggies for breakfast and lunch and eat my yummy starches for dinner. It's a journey.