New Beta Build now Available!

We've been actively listening to your feedback and are excited to announce a couple big new features in this release! Now available; Custom Biometrics on mobile, Quick Start/Stop Fasting timer, Personalized Reminders for logging food and fasting, plus Bulk Diary Group Timestamp Editing.

Have a look and let us know what you think.

As always eager to hear your feedback and let us know if you run into any bugs or usability concerns.

Cheers,

Brendan

Brendan Benson
cronometer.com
As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

Comments

• edited September 2020

Is this on Android currently? I'm enrolled in beta, and I should be up to date, current build is listed as v3.5.2 (b629-AF-s1) and do not see these features as available. I currently have an active Gold subscription as well. It's also possible Google is just lagging on pushing the update.

• That seems like a very very old build. Latest beta build as b729 a few days ago. I'm not sure why you would be stuck on such an old one?

• I am on 729, must have fat fingered it. It's possible I'm just not seeing where they're at.

• Hi Folks,

My apologies, wanted to correct my statement above. We are still working on some final tweaks for Custom Biometrics & Reminders and they will be available soon. Will post when they are ready.

In the meantime check out our new Fasting Stats and Quick Start/Stop Fasting Timer, plus Bulk Diary Group Timestamp Editing.

Thanks for your support!

Brendan

Brendan Benson
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Just being driven nuts by 'Add Group Timestamp' in the right-click menu for diary groups. Add Food was the 1st option by accident of alphabet before the update. This was very convenient.

• edited September 2020

I just went into Cronometer on my Iphone and see v3.5.2 b732-IF-s1, is that the latest Beta Build? Test Flight shows 352 726. Is there a separate link for Beta in Test Flight? To get the b732 I had to install from iPhone store. Does the beta have the same updates as the Test Flight new release?
    I do not want to install from Test Flight as it would take me back to a prevous release.

• I've gotten to play with the start/stop fasting tool and it seems to work well. It does seem to set a default stop time if you go in and edit the fast at all, though. It'd be nice to just be able to leave it open ended, I'd have to play with it more to see if it actually stops if you hit that time. The other feedback I'd have is that it would be nice to be able to pre-define your default fast names with some templates for inputs. For example I plan to name mine after the day in YYYY-MM-DD format vs just Fast X.

• Can't edit the old post, so figure I'll do a new one for feedback for the fasting add.

It does seem to automatically set an end time, I'm not sure if this is a current requirement of how the fasting works (if it is a hacky fix could be to set the end time to a max timestamp like 9999-12-31 59:59:59), but it would be nice to have it open ended. If you wish to keep the progress bar, maybe set a fasting goal in your preferences that it defaults to and let it hit that number, but not automatically stop if it goes past it, maybe have it turn green and offer a notification when you hit your goal. It seems the default fast length is 16 hours, and when I went past that on my last fast it just stopped and I had to go back and edit it to fix it vs being able to hit the stop button.

I do have to say I've gotten used to the bulk timestamp edit for a meal and like it. It allows me to plan out a meal ahead of time (I posted a request for an actual planning indicator in the requests forum) and then set the timestamp all at once once I actually eat.