First Week on Cronometer...coming from other Food Tracker apps

Ok Gang, are you ready for a Wild Week #1 that I've had on Cronometer? Coming from two other Food Tracking apps, this isn't new or starting from scratch...I've been calorie counting since 2009. This is important for later.

I started the week at 204.6(In Maintenance Zone) and am going to visit my nephew on 11/202020, so my goal was to get to 199.9(Target Weight) before getting on the plane. With the two prior tracking apps, it would take me about a month, so I was ready.
Setting Cronometer at 2lbs per week(just like I had on my prior apps), I knew it was going to be a Camp Gladiator Food Tracking week, but I needed a turnaround and would complete the first two weeks at this setting. Weighing daily for this week was important to see how the app was going to help me...and WOW, it sure did.

As of this morning, Sunday, I hit Goal Weight. Yes, you read that right. I weighed in at 199.66 this morning. I haven't lost 5 pounds in a week since the first few weeks I started calorie counting YEARS ago but I did it this week. The tools I have are Cronometer, Ticwatch Pro 3 w/Google Fit, and Withings Body Cardio Scale. Also using a Google Spreadsheet to log my daily Calories =/- so by Sunday night, I'm at 0 fluctuation and all are accounted for.
Winning...winning winning winning! I couldn't be MORE pleased with Cronometer Gold and how it will continue to help me get a weight buffer in before the holidays.

Comments

• Congrats, but don't let yourself get carried away with initial results. It's best not to make mountains out of mole hills. Real success takes dedication, consistency, persistence, and accuracy.

When you consume fewer calories than your body burns, your body starts dipping into its stores of energy, known as glycogen. The glycogen in your body is bound to water, so when you’re burning glycogen for fuel, the body also releases that water.

This is why you might experience a major drop in weight during your first week. Once your body uses up its glycogen stores, your weight loss should stabilize at 1–2 pounds (0.45–0.9 kg) per week.

Source: Is It Bad to Lose Weight Too Quickly?

• Hey thanks! I'm not new to calorie counting and have been on a plan for quite some time, so the loss this week isn't "newbie" loss...so it must be the drop in calories.

Either way, there is a plan for the road ahead. :)

• edited October 2020

If you switch from maintenance to a calorie deficit, then your initial loss will be quicker then normal. It has nothing to do with previous calorie counting experience.

I will add that I find cronometer's calorie goals to be too low. I'm consistently 700 to 900 calories over their goal recommendation daily. I ignore their recommendation and base my caloric intake off of my weekly weight loss, or desired gains.

• Great. Thanks for the info and the encouragement haildodger. Onward!

• Way to go gbo323 !