Food request -- seaweed

I know Cronometer links to NCCDB, USDA, etc for the nutrient profiles. I peruse the NCC web site every now and then just to see what they've added. I was super excited last year when I finally got Bone Broth, one the whole foods I consume regularly that wasn't available in their DB w/77 micros detailed.

I eat a 100% whole foods diet so NCCDB works wonderfully. But there is one item that I consume regular that isn't in there, at least in a form that corresponds to how I consume -- Seaweed. Seaweed is a great source of iodine, and to me, tastes great. I sprinkle Furikake and various Kelp toppings from Whole Foods on lots of stuff, and I love the packs of dried Seaweed square from Costco.

There are several kelp and seaweed related entries in NCCDB but none of them match up w/the profiles of the products I'm consuming. So just wondering, how do new items get added to NCCDB or any of the full spectrum food databases that Crono can see?

Comments

• I second this. Seaweed is a favorite in my house.

• I love the term "seaweed", like there's only 1 kind of vegetation in 361 Million Square Miles of the "sea"

• Weeds on earth are hundreds, if not thousands of species. Why should weed not be used the same way in the sea?

• No need for bone broth...but seaweed, a definite yes!

• Here's what's been added most recently to NCCDB at http://www.ncc.umn.edu/. I eat whole foods almost exclusvely so these don't help me, but still good to see them adding popular stuff. No clue as to how these items went to top of list though.

New Foods

The following new foods are available to you at no additional charge with this edition of the NCC News Bite. A New Foods Backup File is available for download on our website under New Food Backup Files, “December 2020”.

Orgain Plant Based Protein Powder – Vanilla
    Lavva Non-Dairy Yogurt – Vanilla
    Starbucks Egg White & Roasted Red Pepper Sous Vide Egg Bites
    Lay’s Poppables – White Cheddar
    Thomas High Fiber English Muffin
    Zone Perfect Bar – Chocolate Peanut Butter
    Bamba Peanut Snacks
    Muscle Milk Chocolate Shake

• @solace Can you buy a bag of land "weeds" in the store? Eatable land base vegetation have names. Anything from the sea is seaweed.