Options

FODMAP tracking

I'm quite sensitive to certain FODMAPs; (from Wikipedia): "FODMAPs are short chain carbohydrates that are poorly absorbed in the small intestine. They include short chain oligo-saccharide polymers of fructose (fructans) and galactooligosaccharides (GOS, stachyose, raffinose), disaccharides (lactose), monosaccharides (fructose), and sugar alcohols (polyols), such as sorbitol, mannitol, xylitol and maltitol."

It would be awesome if Cronometer tracked all of the above individually. It would help me plan meals that are low in FODMAPs, and also to gain a better understanding of which ones I am most sensitive too, and my tolerance levels.

Thank you! (:

Comments

• Options

Update: apparently many of these are already trackable; I just didn't have them displayed in my diary. I have now updated the settings.

Thanks Cronometer! <3

• Options

@keepthebeet I searched in the settings and couldn't find anything resembling FODMAP tracking. Can you please share how you made it appear in the Diary?

• Options

@Elliotbelliot, in case you're still wondering, you can show Sugar Alcohols, Lactose, Galactose, Fructose. I don't know if Galactose is the same as galactooligosaccharides, and I don't know if Allulose or Maltose matter. I believe that glucose is not a FODMAP.

FODMAPs sure seem like my central issue, and I've started an elimination diet this month to get to the bottom of it!