nutrient ratio speedometer thingy

I'm having trouble understanding the out of range part of this graph. If my zinc:copper ratio shows the arm all the way to the right-which do I add? How much?

"I've never considered excessive sanity a virtue" Mike Uris, San Antonio Express-News, 2002

Best Answer

Answers

• Thank you, that was very helpful

"I've never considered excessive sanity a virtue" Mike Uris, San Antonio Express-News, 2002

• How can I attach a picture to show what is confusing me about the nutrient ratios? I click on the image and it's asking for an url :(

• If you would like to submit an image on the forum select the Image Icon on the top right hand side of the text box that you type in. Select "Choose Files". You can also drag and drop an image into the text box

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• edited December 2017

I don't have the "choose files" option, only the Image URL but I figured out why I was confused. I thought the arrow meant I needed more zinc in order to move up into the green range, but now I understand that it is pointing at the nutrient (copper) I need to increase. Duh.

• Keep in mind these balances are showing ratios, so you can move the ratio by either consuming more of one, or consuming less of the other.

• Thanks Aaron, my confusion was caused by how I read the graphic. With the arrow all the way to the right of the zinc:copper, I thought I needed to increase zinc in order to move the arrow back up into the green and that didn't jibe with my actual numbers.