Request for certain brands to be added?

Hello!

I am just getting started with Cronometer and I am having a lot of issues with selecting most of the products I am using.
One of the biggest supermarket chains in The Netherlands is Albert Heijn. I am using a lot of their house brand products but need to create custom foods for most of them.

Is there a way to request this brand to be added to the database? I am sure a lot of users from The Netherlands would be grateful if these foods can be added with a quick barcode scan instead of needing them to be entered manually.

Comments

• Perhaps, for this purpose, it would be best for Cronometer to bring in a Dutch brand researcher similar to ESHA, which probably focuses on American brands.

Keep in mind you can log generic (NCCDB) versions of foods – even ready-to-eat packaged foods like soy milks, cereals, ice creams, soup, etc. – which will ultimately provide more data points than any other source.

• The datapoints is indeed an issue at the moment. I am adding foods manually but the labels don't show all the micro-nutritions.
    Also, finding replacement foods is a bit of a hassle. Hence my other post:

https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/5019/show-macros-when-adding-foods#latest

• Keep in mind you can log generic (NCCDB) versions of foods – even ready-to-eat packaged foods like soy milks, cereals, ice creams, soup, etc. – which will ultimately provide more data points than any other source. OneVanilla Login

• Sure, that might be the case but there are a few issues with that. Either a replacement food is hard to find (see post above), or the values differ greatly from the values on the package.

• What's an example of the values differing greatly?

Also, in case you didn't know, you can make a copy of the generic item, and edit the values. It takes a second. :) It's very helpful for foods you know you'll eat again (so the copied item is already in your Foods tab).

• Sure thing, there are several examples. Unfortunately even with the foods that are recognised.

Just scanned a Vegan shoarma and this one was recognised. Unfortunately the values just don't match the packaging.

Scanned shoarma per 100Gram

Kcal: 150
    Protein: 17,5
    Carbs: 8,8
    Fat: 6,8

Package shoarma per 100 gram:

Kcal: 160
    Protein: 15
    Carbs: 5,8
    Fat: 7,2

Here is a food that I had to add custom since the alternative didn't match either:

Frozen Strawberries, Unsweetened (NCCDB)

Kcal: 35
    Protein: 0,4
    Carbs: 9,1
    Fat: 0,1

Package:

Kcal: 34
    Fat: 0,4
    Carbs: 6
    Protein: 0,7

Potatoes, Flesh and Skin, Raw (USDAsr)

Kcal: 77
    Protein: 2,1
    Carbs: 17,5
    Fat: 0,1

Package:

Kcal: 88
    Fat: 0
    Carbs: 19
    Protein: 2

The differences might be small but they quickly add up when you have larger portions, try to balance your diet and keep within certain ranges of macro's.
    If I can't even trust the scanned food to be accurate, which is supposedly a big sales pitch of cronometer over MFP, I might as well go back to MFP.