Options

Conflicting description about jujube fruits

Hello !

There are 2 entries about jujube:
1. Jujube, raw: 79 kcal
2. Jujube, Chinese, fresh, dried: 281 kcal.

I understand that the 2nd entry is about "dried" jujube which explains the high energy.
So, why do we also call them "fresh"?
A fruit can be either "dried" or "fresh", not both.

Is this a mistake ?
Or, is there any other explanation about this conflicting description ?

Thank you

Comments

• Options

Kiwi has two types, I think it's fresh and kiwi that's been in storage. Maybe it's jujube that's been freshly dried (a recent crop), rather than jujube that's been in storage and then dried?

• Options

Thank you for the reply.

I do not know.
    How can we find out ?

• Options

On Amazon, this seller writes:
    "If our fresh Dried Jujube Dates does not help to your standards, we will gladly process you a refund. No questions asked!" The seller is the NY Spice Shop in New York City. Call them and ask: Phone No: 1-718-480-6600 or 516-360-9008.
    Email: info@nyspiceshop.com

https://nyspiceshop.com/products/ziziphus-jujube?_pos=1&_sid=14baee645&_ss=r

• Options

Thank you for the reply. I'll contact them.

However, I think that cronometer should create an entry for just "jujube dried", without the term "fresh".

For many dried fruits, cronometer reports "dried" for example "dried currants", "dried dates", "dried figs" etc.

The "fresh dried" is, literally, used only for jujbe, which I regard it as confusing.

• Options

Cronometer should do a lot of things. It's no longer a "young" company. It's getting long in the tooth. Surely, the founder is a multi-millionaire. The employees don't want to rock the boat while the money is rolling in. The idea behind Cronometer was very creative. The company stopped being creative years ago, just a few minor tweaks here and there. Maybe Covid took the wind out of its sails. I'm grateful for the website, but in recent years, this Canadian company is like a deer in the headlights, which they have a lot of in Alberta, Canada.

• Options

Kiwifruit (Chinese Gooseberries), held in storage, raw. It's not dried, but I wouldn't classify it as "fresh" either. Who knows how long it's been in storage! https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/2080/2