Options

Accessing past foods?

Hello, all. Maybe I'm just blind here.

I would like to easily access the exact same foods (including brand) day to day without re-scanning/re-searching.

For some reason, the Add Food page on my app "saved" my first four entries, and stopped there.

Loving the app, but if I have to re-scan/re-search for the same stuff every day, that will get taxing.

iPhone 7 user, updated iOS, in case anyone was asking. Help! And thank you in advance!

Answers

• Options

Hi @Bbunkie01

We have a couple of features that should help you with this. When you are on the diary screen, tap the More button in the top right. That will give you a few options:

• Copy Previous Day - This will take whatever you logged yesterday and paste it into the current day.
    • Copy Current day - This will copy what everything that is logged in the day you are on. Once you have done this you can go to another day, tap the More button again, and you will have the paste option available to paste everything into the day you have selected.
    • Multi-select - This will allow you to select any number of items from your diary on a given day, and perform a few different actions on them. One of them is copy selected items. This allows you to go back to a previous day and grab some items and log them on the current day or in the future. After you select the items you want, just tap the white gear icon that appears in multi-select mode and choose the appropriate action. Go to the day you want to paste into and tap the More button again, and you will have the paste option available to paste those items.

Hope that helps, and let me know if you have any other questions

Cheers,

Spencer

Spencer D.
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

Thank you, Spencer. Yes, this does help somewhat.

Any reason why the app "saved" the first couple foods I scanned, but stopped saving thereafter? When I go to the Add Food search/scan page, I still see those first couple of food searches/scans, but nothing else. Is that a bug of some kind?

• Options

One of the things we do when you first open the food search screen is display the foods you log most frequently. If you are a new user, that search history will be blank at first, then as you log the same foods over and over, they should start appearing first thing when you open that screen. I don't know how the algorithm decides exactly when to display a food there (i.e. copy and pasting vs searching and logging), but if you are logging foods repeatedly and they are not appearing there, that might be a bug. I'll make a note to play around with that when I do some testing, but feel free to submit a ticket to support@cronometer.com if the problem persists.

Cheers,

Spencer

Spencer D.
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer