Favorites List - a few questions

1. Why is "oatmeal, quick cooking" (not dry) listed as Aveno, quick cooking on my fav list?
  2. I don't understand the order that items are placed, it doesn't seem to follow any pattern.
  3. Is there a way to make the order alphabetical? I have quite a few fav items now and it's almost harder to find it on the favorites list than the regular one.
    Thanks

Comments

1. Avena is the Spanish translation of Oats and was erroneously listed as English. I have made the change, and you should now be seeing it listed as Oatmeal, Quick Cooking
    2. I'm not entirely sure what you are referring to here; In your custom foods search, the items will be listed by frequency of use. If you were looking for a different answer here let me know! :smile:
    3. There is not a way to make it alphabetical. However you can search for the name of your food or recipe in the search foods window. Searching for a food in a specific tab will narow your search results!

To learn more about the new search tabs, check out one of our recent blog posts here: https://cronometer.com/blog/search-tabs-update-polar-integration/

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Avena is Spanish for oats. :) Now I fee ignorant, lol. Thank you for that.

What I meant for the other part is when you are looking at the Add Foods box, you have the choice to favorite any food. It's different from Custom Foods. There is a little heart you select. Then you are given a special tab in the Add Foods box where your "favorites" are all listed and you can choose directly from there to add foods. I really like it. But the foods I favorite are in a very mixed up order. It isn't alphabetical, it isn't by food category and it seems like it's not chronological. So as that list gets larger it is harder to locate the food you want in your favorites list. I'll try to take a screen shot later to show what I mean.

Searching a food in the favorites tab would be possible but then I think I may as well search in the regular section as it remembers my most commonly chosen items. I'll read that blog post. Thank you very much for the support. I'll read the blog first and see if I can learn more. I've mostly found things out by fumbling around so I'll try the official info for a change. :)

• Yeah, what's strange is when I add a new food to the fav list it puts it in the middle of the list. But not anything to do with the type of food it is because vegetables and fruits, ect are all mixed up.

• @butterfly I agree; in practice, the most commonly used foods moving up the list isn't overly useful sometimes. We are always looking to make the app more user friendly, so if you have suggestions for what would be most useful for you instead please let us know!
    When you add a new food to your favorites list, it is likely that it is going to the middle of the list because you have entered it in your food diary before, so it recognizes the food as one you have used more often. The more often/more recently you have used a food, the higher up the list it will be!

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Finding favorites in an alphabetical list would be much faster.

• Cattledogit said, "Finding favorites in an alphabetical list would be much faster."

I realize this isn't the answer to your implied question, but I never know the answers to those.

Have you thought about using your browser find command? For instance, in chrome when I press control + f a little input box opens in the upper right corner of the screen. I type "aveno" and it scrolls the screen up to where that name is used early in this thread and highlights it for me. Works on the diary and favorite pages too.

"Eat food, not too much, mostly plants." Michael Pollan

• OldHobo wrote:

Have you thought about using your browser find command?

Sure, but it's faster to pick an item from a short list than to use find, especially in the app on my phone. Same thing applies to finding an item in my daily diary, which has no obvious order. It should be easy to find a snack item I already added to the day's list and increase the quantity, but it's time-consuming to find the item.