Does entering weight biometrics adjust calories consumed estimate?

Does entering weight biometrics cause the calories consumed estimate to improve over time?

Comments

• I'm not sure what you meant by "cause the calories consumed estimate to improve over time", since what you eat and log in your diary is not necessarily driven by your weight? (Well, it is, but it isn't.)

• Oops, I should have said burned, not consumed: Does entering weight biometrics cause the calories burned estimate to improve over time?

• edited February 2018

@cattledogit

The "calories consumed" corresponds to what you have eaten that day. In the "Calories Summary", "calories consumed" are measured up against the "calorie burned" which is the sum of your "BMR", "General Activity" and if logged"Exercise".

Your "Base Metabolic Rate" and "General Activity" estimates depend on your weight. In your profile under "Body Details" it shows your most recently logged weight and for this weight your "Base Metabolic Rate" and "Activity level" estimated in kcal. Those estimates are updated when you log weight updates.

Try it and see. Update you weight and see the changes. You can delete the weight update from your diary afterwards.

• hobo wrote:

Those estimates are updated when you log weight updates. Try it and see. Update you weight and see the changes.

Thanks, that's what I was wondering about. I did try it, but was unsure because the calories burned changed by just 5 kcal over the month I've been using the app and occasionally logging weight updates. Apparently the initial estimate of kcal burned was quite good.