Custom variables addable to foods (ie. to be shown below micro-nutrients)

edited March 2018 in Feature Requests

I wish on a daily basis to be able to create custom non-nutritional fields to be shown somewhere , perhaps in their own section below micro-nutrients in the Diary.

Also turning up in Trends.

Most of all I want to be able to track:

• Price (I always buy from the same grocery with pretty constant prices)

For numericals I could pretty much hijack a typically hidden micro-nutrient but they'd easily run out and be weird if I'd ever show a screen shot anywhere...

Also would be cool:

Calories from's (like flags, booleans?)

• Raw
  • Cooked
  • Fermented
  • Dried
  • Frozen
  • Preserved (ie. canned / jarred)
  • Packaged (ie. plastic)
  • Imported
  • Overseas
  • Regional
  • National
  • Local
  • 'Grew it myself'
  • Grain / Grass
  • Fruit
  • Seed
  • Vegetable / Herb
  • Root / Tuber
  • Flowering
  • Wind-pollinated
  • Insect / Bee-pollinated
  • Self-fertile
    etc...

This would be so much fun to keep challenges fun and for motivation to grow my own food :smile:

Thanks for all the work on cronometer! It's beautiful!

Comments

• edited March 2018

Even if only accessible on Trends page this would be such a nice Gold feature for me.
    Being able to check where your money is spent and (even if just) have a total monthly cost and if as easily implemented, query Calories froms and even Micro-nutrient froms would be awesome!

For discounted foods you had for much less or free could be subtracted in the Diary with a negative value of a custom food containing only price.
    (Similar to how you can do -x g water when oven roasted a leftover or -x g salt when rinsing and soaking salt out of e.g. salted preserves, e.g. olives.

• edited April 2018

I would use this feature to count all the missing nutrients! There are many trace elements missing in Crono. Its not the fault of Crono, but the fault of the databases from which Crono takes the data... But often, the information is available elsewhere and I would be more than interested to find out how much of this or that trace element I eat. Additionally to trace elements, also DHA and EPA are lacking in Crono, having only the total O3.

I know about people who have abandoned Crono because of inability to make nutritional stats for a variety of trace elements. With custom variables they can all do whatever they want.

• edited June 2019

This is the feature request I mean, @Hilary