Please help choline??

Which SPECIFIC food in the crono database has the highest amount of choline. I think it would be unfair to have to look through ALL eggs to find one that has it or have to PAY for just one nutrient. Please help?

Comments

• @Free_range

The issue may be the type of egg you are selecting as not all nutrients are reported for different brands of eggs. I would enter a standard USDA egg in order to view the most accurate nutrition information.

And in case you are wondering, here is a list of foods rich in choline :smile:

https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Choline-HealthProfessional/#h3

Kind regards,

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• I guess I can ask the question and also NOT like questionable results.. Saw NO STANDARD USDA EGG. Saw only "eggs, cooked" and no USDA in the description. I still l had to click thru them all to get one with choline... A BASIC EGG should have nutrients all listed and not be described as "cooked?" "COOKED???" What's it "cooked" in? Is that NOT Counter intuitive? Glad I did not buy the software.

• Free range,

There are many options for eggs in the database. It took me a while to "get" the nature of doing efficient searches on cronometer. If continue to have trouble with finding items post the foods giving you trouble and someone may be able to help.

Make sure the "All" tab is selected in the search window to see them all. On the right hand side, if you see a little US flag, it means the data comes from the US govt database, which lists choline among 76 other nutrients.

A good choice can be "Egg, as an ingredient", which may require scrolling a bit to see, if you only search for "egg". The fried egg seems to add a bit of fat.

The nice thing about this software is you can create a recipe for how you prepare your eggs, such as with ghee, salt, pepper, and smoked praprika for instance, and then enter in easily in the future as a single item.

• Thanks everyone for the help. My crono is going well now!

• sorry for reviving this topic, and thank you for all the links above and the information

I'm mostly plant-based, and I just added "Now Non-GMO Lecithin Softgels" which are supposed to contain Phosphatidyl Choline 500 mg in the 3 daily capsules

I was planning to take 1-2 capsules, since I'm only missing about 200mg out of 425mg "default daily target"

but when I added all 3 capsules, Chronometer shows only 66.3mg choline added for some reason, not 500mg?? 👀

so i'm still defficient at 253mg 🙄

• edited November 2023

CDP-choline (citicoline) and choline salts, such as choline chloride and choline bitartrate, are available as supplements. Phosphatidylcholine supplements also provide choline; however, choline comprises only about 13% of the weight of phosphatidylcholine. Therefore, a supplement containing 4,230 mg (4.23 grams) of phosphatidylcholine would provide 550 mg of choline.