Options

Long loading times when syncing with google account

I have had this issue for a few months. When cronometer is synced with google, adding foods or scanning barcodes will sit at loading for an extended period of times often times requiring me to force close the app. Usually after that it will work fine for the first entry but will continue with the loading issues after that. I noticed if I unsync my google account the loading issue goes away (granted I dont want that as I sync my steps and sleep as well).

Comments

• Options

Hi @ChronoStriker1 , thanks for reporting this! Keep us updated if anything changes with it; hopefully we will have this issue fixed as soon as possible. I will let you know when the problem has been resolved!

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

I've been having this very same issue, but didn't realize it was due to Google syncing! I often have to force close the app multiple times when adding foods. I'll test disabling Google sync and seeing if the problem remains. I do enjoy having my steps and activity sync to Cronometer, though.

• Options
    edited July 2018

Sure enough, after Disconnecting Google Fit, the app loads much faster. There's no delay when adding foods or when switching between screens.

Glad I have a workaround at least! It'd be nice to have this fixed, but I bet it's a tough bug to crack :smile:!

@Hillary tagging you so you see this one :wink: