Old Tracking Graphics vs. New

The tracking graphics have changed in the past few days and I have to say I liked the old style (bars in the middle and a wheel on each side) better. Also the colors were lighter and the text easier to read, as I think has been mentioned elsewhere. And I really hate the "budget" scale in the middle of it all. Is there a way to toggle between the two setups?

Anyone else have thoughts on this? Why was it changed?

Comments

• The new calories summary visual (Pictured below) will hopefully provide users with a more streamlined experience on the diary page. We hope this new Calories summary will provide a more clear and concise breakdown of Calories consumed, Calories Burned and Calories budgeted for a weight goal. Could you expand on why you don't like the 'Budget' scale - we would love the feedback!

The old 'Bar' Graphic has now been redesigned into the new circle graphs labelled Calories Consumed and Calories Burned. Mouse-over these graphics to view a breakdown of macronutrients and activities. We hope that the 'Budget' graphic will improve clarity of the weight goal. Mouse over this graphic for even more information! To view the macronutrient breakdown of one food or a single diary group, simply select the item (or group) to see the visual corresponding to the selection in the calories summary area.
    I encourage you to try out the new Calories summary for a couple of days and let me know anything you find you struggle with. We will use this feedback for further updates!

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• I guess I just feel that for me the "budget scale" takes up lots of room to replace a single line that said "you need to eat/burn "x" more calories today". When I mouse over it I now get a huge paragraph (that I don't really want to read through) to tell me the same thing. Everyone's brain works a little differently and for me bars are easier to process than wheels. I liked the longer ones right across the middle. It now feels like I have to look way over to the right side of the screen to read the bar graphs.

After looking at this for a few more days I am getting more used to it. It really is a preference thing on my part. Maybe it would be nice if each component could drag and drop separately to where the user wanted it. Everyone processes differently.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my concerns.

• Thanks for your response @Brenda ; we really appreciate the feedback!

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• It's simple. Bar graphs are easier to compare two values at-a-glance than circular graphs. From a UI perspective, this is what I valued the most; I wanted to quickly compare my Calorie Intake vs. my Calorie Expenditure every time I scrolled past the Calorie Summary box. It worked perfectly before; no hovering was needed to glean that specific relationship. Please return it. Thank you.

• Hi @stellarvision Thank's so much for this feedback! We will definitely take this under consideration!

Hilary
    cronometer.com