Total sodium much much higher than individual items totals

I make a black bean quinoa salad and the sodium total for the entire recipe is 2427. Not possible. I searched the individual items and totaled them separately and get 50.96 mg of sodium. Is there a way to show the recipe?

"I've never considered excessive sanity a virtue" Mike Uris, San Antonio Express-News, 2002

Comments

• You can go the "Foods" tab to find your recipe there, or add the recipe to your diary and right click to View/Edit to go straight to the edit tab. I would click on the individual ingredient in the recipe to find out which one/s are contributing to all that sodium.

• I can bring up the recipe, but clicking on the individual ingredient doesn't bring up individual info. I know that the total sodium amount is not correct. Is there a way to send the recipe so you can see what I mean?

"I've never considered excessive sanity a virtue" Mike Uris, San Antonio Express-News, 2002

• Oh you're right. In which case, try adding your recipe to your diary and right click to select "Explode Recipe". You should be able to view individual ingredients from there.

• Thanks!

• @comanchesue once you have exploded the recipe and found the culprit of the incorrect sodium, be sure to report the issue to us so we can ensure that the nutrition information is correct for that food's listing!

On the web version, you can report an issue with your specific food by right clicking on the food entry in your diary to select "view/edit selected food". Then select the settings icon in the top right corner, and select "report an issue".
    In the mobile app version, tap "More details" and select the "!" icon in the top right corner. Submitting your issues helps us maintain an accurate and complete database.
    Please include clear photos of both the front of the package (including the brand and name of the product) and the nutrition information listed on the package.

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer