Ad-Free Version

edited September 2018 in Feature Requests

Most ad-free versions of apps are $.99, yet this is $2.99. It seems a little much for no extra features. MyFitnessPal is free, and only has a banner ad (no video ads). It also has the meal groups in the free version. You want us to pay monthly for meal groups. The free version should have meal groups and banner ads only. The subscription service should have no ads, and all of the extra features it already has. Negating the need for a $2.99 app.

Comments

• I was literally just thinking this myself. Really doesn’t compare. I want to like this, but MyFitnessPal is free with separators and the option to sign up for extra features in the free version. With no add pop-ups! Why is there a $2.99 version at all?? Kind of dumb that you’d have to pay $2.99 and a monthly rate for something you can get for free elsewhere.

• speaking of spam, is this someone talking to themselves? they both join 5 minutes apart and agree with themselves? lol myfitnesspal doesn't hold a candle to the nutrient data available with cron-o-meter...

I am an amateur. I've been using CRON-O-Meter for 10 years and counting, still learning.....

• edited September 2018

It’s called sisters. 👍🏻

• Lmao. Iaughed while I typed my response. We are sisters and I was ranting at the same time and then being supportive, commented.

• edited September 2018

so i got my 3rd demerit, damn, lol. is @Sarbearrr older or younger?

and why did you make this comment, " I was literally just thinking this myself."

like you weren't sitting in the same room.....

I am an amateur. I've been using CRON-O-Meter for 10 years and counting, still learning.....

• Why do you care? This is a forum about features. Not sisters or their ages or their own jokes. Plus, you clearly didn’t read why it’s disappointing. Chronometer makes you pay $2.99 just to get rid of adds and a monthly payment just to have your food separated into categories. MyFitnessPal is free with no pop-up adds and your food is categorized. Chronometer isn’t accurate and we aren’t the only ones who have seen that, read other reviews. I have been using them both and while I like certain things that chronometer has I will have to continue using MyFitnessPal for the accuracy or at least until chronometer gets perfected. It’s a good app but clearly needs work.

• edited September 2018

and I GOT TWO FLAGS!, take that @Vickie

and as far as the cost , the NCCDB as far as know charges a pretty hefty licensing fee for the use of their db, MFP is all just macro's. and user submitted....

• It's been a long time since I've used MyFitnessPal. It must have improved a lot since then because I couldn't associate the word "accurate" with MFP, let alone more accurate than Cronometer.

Before I became a Gold member I used the paid version of the app. I can handle apps on my computer, but hated apps on the phone because phone data is more expensive. I liked that I could get rid of the ads for a small fee instead of committing to a Gold membership at that time. Now I run both the paid and free apps on my phone to manage two accounts. Paid app with my free account; free app with my Gold.

OP and her sister sound very happy with MFP and it seems to fully satisfy their needs. If Cronometer isn't doing it, I'm not sure why they sound like they still want to switch over?

• edited September 2018

Hi @Shmandie93 ,

Here at Cronometer, we take pride in curating an accurate and complete database. Every user submitted food is reviewed by our curation team before being added to the database; Branded products that are submitted by users only contain the nutrition information that is contained on the nutrition facts table on the packaging or on the Brand's official website. If you do find a mistake, we would appreciate if you could let us know by reporting an issue on the food!

On the web version, you can report an issue with your specific food by right clicking on the food entry in your diary to select "view/edit selected food". Then select the settings icon in the top right corner, and select "report an issue". In the mobile app version, tap "More details" and select the "!" icon in the top right corner. Submitting your issues helps us maintain an accurate and complete database. Thanks for your diligence in making sure our food entries are accurate!

Check out this blog post to learn more about how to choose the best data for your needs: https://cronometer.com/blog/6-tips-getting-nutrition-data/

If your priority is to get the most detailed information for a food, I recommend choosing entries from the NCCDB in the Common Foods Tab. By choosing entries in the common foods tab (as described in the above link to Blog post) you can ensure that you are getting accurate information.

If your priority is to log foods exactly as the nutrition facts appear on the package, I would recommend using the barcode scanner feature on the mobile app or entering the bar code number into the search bar on the Web version. If you cannot find the corresponding nutrition information, you can create a custom food and enter the nutrition information manually as seen on your foods packaging, and save the data in your custom foods to easily enter it again the next time you eat the food. When creating a custom food, you can submit it for publishing to our public database for use by you and other users later!

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer