Options

Bar Codes and getting them to work by adding numbers

I am adding the ten numbers for the bar code for Lean Cuisine's Thai Peanut Chicken. It is not updating after putting this in. Why? Do I have to add other things - I've tried at least entering one item but the whole purpose is to have your system recognize what I am guessing is a popular food item? Is this correct and what am I missing?

Thanks

Comments

• Options

Hello @CronometerPaul ,
    depending on the data source, we may not have your specific barcode listed for the food. I see based on a text based search, we have a listing for Food #2412493 'Lean Cuisine, noodles, thai style, frozen, with chicken green beans carrots & peanut sauce'. This listing is sourced for ESHA who do not typically report barcode numbers. We would appreciate it if you could report an issue on this food listing if it matches your product description, so that we can add the barcode for you.
    You can report an issue on the web version of Cronometer by searching for the food in the Search food option in the foods tab. Then select the settings menu in the top right corner of the screen and choose 'Report an issue'. Be sure to include clear and complete photos of your food's packaging.

You can report an issue by searching for the food on mobile to add to your diary. Then tap 'XX Listed Ingredients' and choose the ! in the top right corner of the screen.

If your product does not match the description of the food I have listed (Food #2412493) please create a custom food and submit the food for publishing.
    You can add custom foods by following these steps: https://cronometer.com/help/foods/#addfood. After saving your custom food, you can submit it to us for publication (using the gear menu in the top-right of the food editor).
    On the mobile app, use the barcode scanner to create custom foods and submit them more easily.
    We have a curation team dedicated to reviewing the foods and supplements being submitted and we will gladly add yours to our database once it has been reviewed!

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

Thank you Hilary,

What I would like to know is, when you enter the bar code does the number just sit there with the red remove button to the side or is it supposed to acknowledge that the bar code actually works? Do you know what I mean. Like when does the bar code, if good, go? Does it show the food name - all I am looking for here is the system acknowledging that the bar code is correct - how do we know. I'm sorry but I've done my homework before even considering this option. Thanks again.

• Options

You got it! When you enter the barcode into a custom food, you will be able to scan your food's barcode to access the data you have entered. You can be sure it is correct because you entered it yourself! ;)

If the data listing you are accessing is from the Cronometer database, you will not be able to edit it. If the food is listed as CRDB, you can be sure that the Cronometer Curation team has curated this listing and that the barcode is correct for the data contained in the listing. Sometimes, food companies will have multiple formulations for a single product, which is when you can sometimes run into trouble with data accuracy. If you aren't sure, double check the data against your packaging, and when you are sure you have the right one, mark it as a favorite so you won't have to check again in the future.

If you do run into an error, please report it to the curation team so that we can fix it for you and all our other users too!
    On the web version, you can report an issue with your specific food by right clicking on the food entry in your diary to select "view/edit selected food". Then select the settings icon in the top right corner, and select "report an issue".
    In the mobile app version, tap "# listed nutrients" and select the "!" icon in the top right corner.
    Please include clear photos of both the front of the package (including the brand and name of the product) and the nutrition information listed on the package.

Submitting your issues helps us maintain an accurate and complete database. Thanks for your diligence in making sure our food entries are accurate!

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer