Net carbs and fibre

Regarding net carbs...What does CRON do if the carbohydrates entered for a food are already minus fibre, but the fibre grams are also entered.

For example, I enter the nutritional data for a health bar. On the label, it states Carbohydrates: 20g; Fibre 15g. This is a non-American product so the Carb value listed on the packaging is already excluding fibre. Does Cron then calculate net carbs as 20? Or 5 (20-15)?

M : 52 : 5'10" : Keto & IF

Comments

• edited January 2019

Hi @Markjowen,
    when adding the details to a custom food in cronometer, make sure you choose the appropriate label type. To do this, use the drop down menu above the nutrition facts table in the food editor:

If the food is already in cronometer and entered as a CRDB food, we have taken this into consideration already when it was entered into the database.

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Cool! Thanks for your answer.

• Sorry - just on this one again. If I enter a food manually, and I enter the carbohydrate (as per the label) and then the fibre (again, as per label), and the carbs on the label is already net carbs (minus fibre), how does Cronometer handle this.

I entered details for a European product and included carbs and fibre, but Cronometer reported even less carbs (because it deducted the fibre from the carbs.) How can I deal with this?

• edited January 2019

--

• edited January 2019

Hi @Markjowen,
    To handle this, I would recommend choosing the European label type in the Food editor when creating a custom food on the web version of Cronometer.
    If you are entering in a custom food in the mobile version of Cronometer, unfortunately we do not currently handle this. When entering your food in the mobile version, enter the carb value as the carbohydrates reported plus the fibre. Then also enter the fibre value again in the fibre field.

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer