[Bug] Active calories reducing randomly during day

I am not sure if this bug has been logged but it occurs in the beta still as well even though I am showing screenshots from the current live version.

Please note that I used the current live version because I have to open it first then open the beta to get the beta to refresh data.

But beta mirrors these screenshots...

Earlier today -- active energy:

Then, oddly -- it goes down:

And Move calories still don't match:

Comments

• Thanks @gblatt

We should have a build coming soon that will address the helathkit issues. Hold tight!

Cheers,

Spencer

Spencer D.
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• @SpencerD I am not convinced this is a Cronometer problem after many days of agonizing over it. See this example from today. Note that all exercise occurred prior to putting on my Apple Watch, but yet Apple Health elected to reverse itself after about 4 hours.

8am-ish:

12pm-ish:

This plainly appears to be a bug in the data you are getting from Apple Health, but more importantly, it appears that Apple Health is causing it via their algorithms (possibly - though not sure). Are you able to work with them to see if there is an issue, or comment on if there is more that I am missing? The Move calories vs. Apple Health active calories still vexes me completely as there is no public information (that I can find) that explains why these values differ.

• @SpencerD I've gotten to the root of this issue. The apps that I was using for my workout data was generating their XML data with the wrong UTC time. Apple Health was -- in their mind -- removing duplicate data collected from the Apple Watch knowing that exercise data had been recorded at the "same time". Editing the time in the XML seems to do the trick -- although it is a messy and time consuming process.

• @gblatt quite the detective! I guess I am relieved that its not an issue with Cronometer, but that sucks that there isn't a better way to edit that data for accuracy. Thanks for letting me know.

Spencer D.
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• @SpencerD Turns out it is not an accuracy problem at all :smile:

• Dang it @SpencerD -- I spoke too soon. It seems that it could be Cronometer.

It happened again, but Apple Health data is still correct (which was not happening in the past), but Cronometer reset itself.

• Hello: I am using IOS 16.2 and Cronometer 4.0.5. I am using an Apple Watch and setup my Cronomter app Activity Level to None and replace with imported activity. I am having this exact problem. The day starts off with a large active energy balance and then goes down as the day unfolds to almost 0 on some days. The workouts are added correctly however. In Apple Health Settings, I have "Import workouts and active energy as a single entry" disabled. I tried to enable it but that too gives very weird results where the workout calories are not added. Any ideas?