Tea?

Would love to have an entry for different teas - is this too variable to have a simple: black tea, white tea, green tea, roobios, chamomile, oolong...

Comments

• There are a number of options for different tea listings in the database. These can be easily found by searching under the "Common Foods" tab in order to filter for only lab analyzed (NCCDB Database) options. You can find teas such as:

Food # 451828: Tea, Brewed, Unsweetened
    Food # 452359: Herbal Tea
    Food # 452358: Tea, Brewed, Decaf, Unsweetened
    Food # 462659: Green Tea, Brewed, Unsweetened
    Food # 3197911: Chai tea
    Food # 462661: Jasmine Tea
    Food # 3197860: Oolong tea
    Food # 452742: Green Tea, Decaf
    Food # 463563: Chamomile Tea

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Thanks @Hilary ! I'm sorry I assumed incorrectly - I am searching for my favorite, white tea, but didn't find it. It's supposed to be super healthy, but I don't know what that looks like on the micronutrient scale.

• Products that haven't been analyzed by NCCDB and USDA, have nutrition labels that only include a very basic set of 14 nutrients mandated by law. We are not a lab and do not test foods for their nutrient content, and can only provide the information that is available to us from the manufacturer.
    Unfortunately it looks like we don't have a good generic option, but it might be worth it for you to contact the company to see if they have any more details for you! I'll have a look as well and see if I can find any other white tea data from a reputable resource that we could potentially add to the database.

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Can anyone help me understand why 32 fl oz of black tea brewed with tap water, unsweetened , always shows up as having 9.5 calories? Surely, like water, it has 0 calories?