Oura ring data nowhere to be found

This is the second time that I have reported this and nothing has changed.
I have seen zero Oura data in my diary for over a month or more. The Cronometer software says that my Oura account is connected. The Oura home page shows the data, but nothing shows up here!!

Joe Tittiger
Seymour MO
joe ATT Tittiger DOTT com

Comments

• Hi Joe!

Thanks for reporting this issue! I wear an Oura Ring as well and I experience the same issues you do. I understand it can be a mild inconvenience but to remedy the situation in the interim I am linking and unlink every day in order to get it working. We have a fix that should be rolling out shortly. I am just testing it right now to make sure it works! I will keep you posted when it rolls out so we can make sure it's working correctly on your end!

Thank you so much for your patience, we really appreciate it!

All my best for a great week ahead! :)
    Eliisa

Eliisa
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Thanks for the info Eliisa.

I hope you guys are working on good ways to access all of this data that we are
    putting on CM. :-) CM has become the repository for most all of my health related information and good data access and manipulation tools are big concerns for me.
    Take care
    Joe

Joe Tittiger
    Seymour MO

• You are most welcome, Joe!

It sounds like there is a fix rolling out for Oura in our next build which will be available soon! Thanks for your patience in that matter. I use Cronometer every day as well. We started a logging challenge in November and I have done it every day since! The data is really adding up in meaningful ways!

Now that I wear a tracker I can't imagine going back without it. Do you also look at your heart rate during sleep the night prior to assess how much activity to do the following day? Initially I thought this was a little gimmicky but now I am training for a half marathon and it's been invaluable.

I know you're a regular on the forums and we always appreciate hearing what you have to say. If you have any feedback about easier ways to access or manipulate the data I am all ears!

I will make sure you're the first to know when Oura is back to regular daily syncing! In the meantime if you have tips and tricks for me there too I would sincerely love to hear them :)

All my best!
    Eliisa

Eliisa
    cronometer.com

• I think your programmers are smart enough to figure out what the users would like to do with the data. If they were smart they would start a thread here and ask for input for multiple people.

At the very least we should be able to lay any number of data fields (even our custom fields) out on the same graphs. I would love to have hyper links to the daily diary from points in the data. Say for instance you see that you got 90 minutes of deep sleep (from your Oura inputs on a certain date, they you could link to the diary for that day to try and figure out why you got such good deep sleep.

Good luck guys. I hope to see your software keep on improving...

Joe Tittiger
    Seymour MO

• I got it to work by disconnect as you suggested BUT the data collected is about useless as all I am concerned about is deep sleep..... Something that the coders decided to throw away, as junk information? I ban't wrap my head around such a bass ackwards implementation of this feature.
    Regards
    Joe

Joe Tittiger
    Seymour MO

• Thanks for the update Eliisa - I too am struggling with my Oura ring sync. Would a temporary fix be to sync the ring with the health app and then get cronometer to sync with the health app as well?

Loving the cronometer app - keep up the good work!

• Hello Joe!

I have great news; updating our biometrics is on the road map for this year! So, hopefully we can harness all that wonderful Oura data (including various sleep stages) and expand the amount of information imported into Cronometer from all devices!

Thank you so much for your patience and for your always thoughtful suggestions.
    Have a wonderful week!
    Eliisa

Eliisa
    cronometer.com

• Hi Craig!

Good news (I hope!) after a lot of testing we believe we have determined the root cause of the issue with Oura and (hopefully) you can now use it easily with Cronometer. Can you please make sure you complete the following steps:
    1) Make sure you have the latest version of Cronometer - that's version 3.0.5.
    2) Unlink and relink your device - hopefully for the last time :)
    3) If you are still experiencing issues with Oura going forward write me back and let me know what device you're on.
    4) Pat yourself on the back for being both awesome and patient.

Let me know if you need further assistance and I would be delighted to help!
    Happy Oura Syncing!
    Eliisa :)

Eliisa
    cronometer.com

• Elisa, does this mean I shouldn't have to unlink and relink Oura (web interface) in order to see my Oura data? (If so, then it's failing for me - I need to do the unlink/relink almost every day to get Oura data.) Or was this fix only applicable to the phone apps?

• FYI. Even linking and unlinking has not worked lately.

Joe Tittiger
    Seymour MO