Cronometer's Got a Fresh New Look

2»

Comments

• A friend of mine just got the 3.0 update, and from what I can tell it came out about a month ago. Is there a reason for why I am unable to update from 2.1.8 to 3.0? Thanks.

• @BRBWaffles we are doing a phased rollout for the new version of the app. You can request to be a part of the beta program if you would like access right away. Otherwise, you should be updated to the n ew version soon!

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• New layout is not too bad. However, one thing that seems to be missing is the ability to add multiple food items to the diary quickly. The used to be a plus sign, +, at the top of the Add Serving dialog that would save the item then allow you to search for the next serving right away. Now it seems that you add the serving, land back in the diary page and need to start over with Add Food.

• @Mjvrenjak We have changed the way we implement the multiadd feature in the latest update (And now android users can access it too!). Now, to access the multiadd feature, go to Settings > Diary settings > toggle ON "Always multi-add foods to diary.

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• Ugh—this new format showed up in my app yesterday. Hate it! What was intuitive now seems more complicated than it needs to be. Before I had easy to understand intuitive pages that used words to explain the numbers: a straightforward statement telling me how many calories I’d burned from activity during the day and how many more calories I could eat for my weight goal (or many I need to burn). Now the same info is there but it’s presented as raw data and I sit here staring at it and missing the words. I like words. Please bring back the words! Words are good!!!

• edited June 2019

@Rottiemama Thanks for the feedback. I have passed this along to our design team. This is valuable information for future design decisions. We really appreciate any and all feedback, as we hope any changes we make will make your experience better. Of course, we understand that the changes may not be to everyone's tastes, but I encourage you to try out the new update for a week or so, and at that time, please let us know if you have any suggestions for updates that would benefit your needs.

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• So, how do we access the recipes from Dr. Mercolas Ketofast Cookbook, on the Chronometer?

• So, how do we access the recipes from Dr. Mercolas Ketofast Cookbook, on the Chronometer?

• edited August 2019

@Debbie_Lee6 You can access Dr. Mercola's recipes by ensuring first that you are signed up with the Mercola version of Cronometer. Then you will be able to find the recipes listed in the search tab labelled Mercola.

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• edited September 2019

Was there a massive change on the 8/27 update? The food adding feature is baffling now with so many more taps to get the food added to the diary. It used to be so easy with the box. The searches happened so much faster. It was so clear where to edit the serving info. Now i feel like i want another app, after using this one for 2 years. I have to say that it really bummed me out. Or is this old news and i missed an update somewhere? (I've only had this phone for a week though...)

Update: i realized it was multi-add, which I've never seen. I must have just gotten it! Turned it off. So glad to be back to my regular interface! I'll have to check out the new feature now that i realize what it's for. That said, i really miss the dialog box. It was so much more helpful visually and condensed where i didn't need to scroll. I'm still bummed out to lose that.

• Thanks for the feedback @cecilyjeanne we are slowly rolling out a new update, which you can learn more about here: https://cronometer.com/blog/food-search-updated/
    Thanks for your feedback. Of course, we always hope that the changes we make will be positive, so would love to hear your thoughts about how we can make the change better for you!

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• edited September 2019

This looks great, I know you said your slowly rolling out the new update so was wondering if that has started because it’s not showing for me.

Lizzy

• Thats right @fitgirl it will be a slow release! Keep an eye out for it in your update but it may be a while. In the meantime, you are welcome to join our beta testers to check out features pre-release, and to give feedback on them as well.
    If you are interested, Please send an email to our Beta test coordinator, Spencer, at beta@cronometer.com with the following information:

If you use iOS:
    • Your Name
    • Your Cronometer account email
    • Your Apple ID email <- so we can flag you as a beta tester and give you access to the app
    • Your Cronometer account status, i.e. Gold subscriber, Free, or paid app
    • Your iOS device i.e. iPhone 7, etc.
    • The device's iOS version.

If you use Android:
    • Your Name
    • Your Cronometer account email
    • Your account status, i.e. Gold subscriber, Free, or paid app
    • Your android device i.e. Galaxy s7
    • The device's android OS version (here's how to check that)

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• I haven't found the updates impact my use of the app in any way, just looks a little different. However, I have noticed that with this update it seems non-gold users can't see weight, body fat, or waist size trend charts anymore. That's pretty disappointing, why did cronometer choose to move these features behind cronometer gold?

• Hi @MDez, Sorry this is a bug! You can get these charts back by going into 'Manage Charts' and turning the toggle back on. Hopefully we will get it fixed soon so it doesn't affect too many more users! Thanks for your patience while we look into it!

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• @Hilary Ah ok, I see what the issue was. Sorry about that! I didn't immediately connect the "Single Metric" chart with what I was used to seeing on the site.

• I'm Cronometer's biggest fan but embarrassed to say I stayed on the last v2 for mobile. Just bc I spend (way too much) time logging and forecasting everything that goes in my mouth. I'm in and out of crono on phone, tablet and computer 10 or more times a day and can easily navigate mobile apps totally blindfolded so found the new UI too jarring.

Will try out new update. I do like the evolvement of the web app. And of course I'm missing out on new features like fasting.

• I find it horrible. Reasons:

• It's cluttered and messy and looks like a children's game, or at least it doesn't look like something serious or professional.
    • Before, I had everything at a glance with a nice, easy-to-read font. Now it looks like something for kids and I have to scroll and it's harder to see everything. The font is also harder to read and why is it so large?
    • The black background colour of the left pane is not nice. Harsh on the eyes, and harder to read.
    • So much empty space, yet so much clutter. So bad, really bad. How on earth could you come up with this UI?
      I am considering using other services for registering my food intake. This is the worst change I have seen, haven't you done any UX on the service? Please, get the old UI back. It used to be so awesome!