More comprehensive Fitbit integration

edited September 2019 in Feature Requests

Hi!

Would it be possible to get a more comprehensive integration with Fitbit? Right now, as far as I can see, Cronometer logs a combined info for the whole day and it contains calories, fat, carbohydrates and protein.

However, the Fitbit API also allows more finegrained information such as amount of fiber, sodium, or different vitamins to be entered. In addition it also allows defining the meal you consumed the food on, so Cronometer could add multiple entries: one for breakfast, lunch, dinner etc.

Comments

• I completely agree with this. When I was using MFP, I had more detailed info, as well as individual meals listed. As the original poster says, now all we get is one daily, basic entry from chronometer.

And how about syncing water too? MFP does.

• To be specific, here is what MFP entries look like. See all the details by meal:

Here is what a day looks like with Cronometer:

• I agree with having the option to log food as separate meals. It lets a person see how many calories they are eating per meal during the day and helps to keep things real. Maybe it's available and I don't see it?

• We recommend instead using Cronometer to log your food and activity, as we offer even more micronutrients than Fitbit. Instead of exporting your food to Fitbit, try importing your exercise to Cronometer!

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• I do import my exercises to Cronometer, and I do follow my daily calorie balance more from Cronometer than Fitbit. However, I also want to use the data for more than just nutrient and exercise tracking, and Cronometer has no way to integrate with other services. That's why I'd like to use Fitbit as an intermediate to be able to make further correlations.