Singling out ingredients in a recipe for info

Is there a way to do this?

In a recipe, I'd love the ability to see what individual ingredients are contributing what to overall calculated totals (like protein, fat, minerals, etc). In the diary, there's the ability to hover your mouse over a vitamin or mineral to see what is contributing how much % to it's total. I think that would be very helpful for recipes!

Right now, my recipe adds up to 15% daily potassium, but I can't see what's contributing to that. So I have to "Explode Recipe" in my diary, but then I can't collapse it back. Also, the individual ingredients add up to 11% in my diary, but 15% in my recipe. A little confusing to say the least!

Comments

• Hi tamasf2089,

It would be really helpful to see how each ingredient contributes to the nutrients in your recipe - thanks for the suggestion!

I can explain the difference between the percentages in your diary and in the recipe editor. The food and recipe editor will show you the %DV for each nutrient, while your diary page will show you the % of your individualized nutrient target.

The %DV provides a way to compare the nutrients in two different food products, with potentially different serving sizes - by standardizing the amount of each nutrient to %DV based on a 2000 kcal diet.

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Thanks for the explanation of the difference, Karen!

But yes, I hope that seeing individual contributions to recipes will be implemented soon! It will certainly change the way I cook :)

• So...Any progress on that? It would be great to see the nutrient info for a certain ingredient in a recipe.

It would also be nice to be able to hover over a certain total (like total calories, or carbs) of a recipe and see what ingredient is contributing what to those totals

Considering that both these things can be done in the diary page, is it difficult to also add that feature to the recipe page?

I'd rather not "explode recipe" every time I want to single out what it contributing what. That makes things messy and takes a lot of scrolling back and forth.

Thanks,

• Hi tatmasf2089,

Not yet - we are working on a big project right now that will pave the way to making changes to the recipe editor to implement these features that you have requested.

Cheers,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer