How to delete data and restart

Hello,

I've been using Cron-o-meter for a couple of weeks just to get the feel for how it works. I want to delete my data and start over because I want a fresh start toward using the program. How do I delete all of my diary data and weight entries and restart?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Texasidol,

I take each day as a new change to get a fresh start. Personally, rather than deleting all of my past data, I note the date that I made a dietary change. Then, when I look at my graphs in the Trends tab, I adjust the date range in my graphs to the date I started my new habits.

I spent so much time on having a record of what I was eating and how I was exercising, and I like to look back in the past to see how I have improved over the years or make associations with how I was eating and how I felt about my overall health at the time.

If you don't mind losing the data, you can delete your account entirely to get a fresh start. In the Profile tab, click on the gear icon in the Account Information section and choose Delete Account. This will remove everything from our system and allows you to create a new account using the same email address.

WARNING: Do not go this route if you have a Gold subscription; when you delete your account you also delete the record of your Gold subscription and therefore it will not transfer to your new account when you create it.

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Hi Karen,

Thank you for your reply. I agree that looking back at historical data is helpful to get the overall nutritional picture. It is a great way to really see what our trends and patterns are. However, I recently downloaded the app and was just playing around with the features rather than seriously entering accurate information. I didn't realize at the time there is apparently not a way to delete the information. Thank you for suggesting deleting my account (I'm not Gold, so this is a viable option for me). I thought about doing that but wasn't sure if I could rejoin using my same email address. You answered that question for me, so thank you!

Have a super day!
    Carol