Options

Problem with values

It seems cronometer is not registering foods i type in at the top on the individual values. I had ground flax and dont see that on the drop down menu when i hover over omega 3's and the same with protein and garbanzo beans i had. Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Options

Hi Jordanthornbug,

Did you add a brand name product to your diary for ground flax or the NCCDB food called "Flax Seeds, Not Fortified"?

Most manufacturers report only the nutrients required by law on the nutrition label. To get a more complete nutrition profile for your foods, we recommend searching for the closest generic equivalent in the Common Foods tab. This will limit your search results to our most comprehensive data - including omega-3! To learn more about getting the most nutrition information using Cronometer, check out this article on the topic: https://cronometer.com/blog/6-tips-getting-nutrition-data/

If there is an error with the product you have added, please let us know and the curation team will fix the values ASAP. On the web version, you can report an issue with your specific food by right clicking on the food entry in your diary to select "view/edit selected food". Then select the settings icon in the top right corner, and select "report an issue".

In the mobile app version, tap "More details" and select the "!" icon in the top right corner. Submitting your issues helps us maintain an accurate and complete database. Thanks for your diligence in making sure our food entries are accurate!

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

Yes i did do that, i fixed it and it worked. thank you.

• Options

Hi Karen,

I find a lot of foods aren't available in the common foods tab and I need to choose a storebrand, even if I bought a non-store brand item. How do we request more foods to be included with complete entries for nutrients? How do we know that the foods we're choosing have complete entries for nutrition?

• Options

Hi TheNerdy9,

If you aren't having much luck finding a generic equivalent of your food in the Common Foods tab and you know the nutrient content of your food, you can submit the food to our curation team to add to the public database.

On the website, first create a custom food. After saving your custom food, you can submit it to us for publication (using the gear menu in the top-right of the food editor).

On the mobile app, use the barcode scanner to create custom foods and submit them more easily.

Typically packaged products will only have the nutrition information listed on the package and will not contain a full nutrient profile. We give you all the nutrition information for a food that we have access to. If the nutrition information is not available for your food, or you are looking for more nutrients than are listed on the package we need a source for the nutrition information.

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer