How many people on here are on the keto diet?

124»

Comments

• I am!

I've been on a ketogenic diet for nearly 12 months, lost 37kgs and feel fantastic. Lipid tests all in range, BGL is 4.8 most mornings, and my LCHF doctor says I don't need to see him for another 12 months. I've been on maintenance for about 3 months and I found Cronometer very useful for monitoring my macros. Its an awesome app!

• I am!

I'm down 64 lbs since Sept 1st on the Ketogenic eating plan. Using cronometer has made it easy to monitor my macros and micros keeping them in order. Until you have a tool like cronometer you don't realize how lacking the std American diet is in supporting your body. Between the Keto lifestyle and the nutritional guidance and control I get from cronometer I'm feeling better than I have for many years.

• I am!

Hi

How you calculate carbs, and macros, i am doing Ketogenic from last 2 months and reduced some weight, still i need some clarity,

If anyone can help me plz

• I am!

If you are using Cronometer just go to your settings tab and select the profile tab. I have the Ketogenic and Low Carb boxes checked under the Diet heading. Then go to the Targets tab. Under Macronutrients I have the Ketogenic Calculator selected and I'm tracking net carbs without sugar alcohols. I have Rigorous selected under select your keto program. You can also set it up with your own parameters.

• I am!

I have been doing Keto for over two months and have only lost 12 pounds but my body has changed quite a bit. Is this typical?

• Nope, trying another method.

I just realized that this is a zombie thread...

• I am!

I also just realized that......4 months later than you

• edited November 2019
    I am!

Yeah, but us zombies are still here... Down nearly 80 lbs and maintaining since Sept of last year. I learned so much from Cronometer about my eating habits and what I get nutritionally from the regular foods I eat that I don't need to fill in my daily entries any more. I just use it for recipe checks and new foods. Still an incredible tool for teaching us zombies how to drag a foot through life/death in a healthy manner. :-)

• I am!

Ive been on it about 7 weeks now, other than a brief lapse over Christmas. I am loving that I no longer have cravings, and that I can skip meals, but do feel a bit flat energywise. Have just been doing light excercise (brisk walks), eating whatever I want keto, so only lost a bit of weight, but it bothers me that I don’t feel energised. Coffee helps.

• I am!

Don't despair. It takes a while to get totally fat adapted. Your body has been running on carbs and sugar for so long that it has to adapt to the new fuel you are giving it. I've lost 80 lbs since starting the Ketogenic lifestyle 16 months ago. (258 to 174 last Friday) No regrets, never felt better. Inflammation from previous sports injuries dramatically reduced. Allergy issues I was previously suffering with gone. Cronometer was/is instrumental for me to understand where my diet was lacking in proper nutrition. It has taught me just how bad the std American diet really is and all of the farses that go along with it like "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day" brought to you by the cereal industry. I logged every meal daily in Cronometer for the first year so I had a good record of anything I'm likely to eat. It's nice to know you are in total control backed with information that is factual and not just some ad selling you something by the food industry.

• I am!

I started on a Keto diet in January of 2020. I weighed 330 pounds. Today (March 14, 2020) I weigh 293 pounds. Keto is not an easy diet to follow but I have managed to stay with it so far. I stay under 16g of carbs and around 2,000kcal per day. My blood ketone levels average around 0.8 per day.

My goal is to reach 220 pounds, but even if I stay at this weight, I feel much better.

• I am!

Good progress. Hang in there. I'm down 80lbs. Lost the lion's share of it within 9 months. This is a good way to eat regardless of the inconvenience. Far better for eliminating chronic inflammation. Everything about my 64 year old health is better now.

• I am!

Thanks mxrob.

I too am 64 and one of the first things I have noticed is how much better my joints feel. The swelling in my fingers is gone.

• I am!

Chronic inflammation is terrible on the human body. So many people are living in pain and wreaking havoc on their body's internals due to a poor diet. Our body is pretty resourceful but it needs the right foods and nutrients to be all it can be. The std American diet does not provide that. It was a lot of work logging everything that went into my mouth for over a year but cronometer showed me where I was lacking in my diet as far as minerals and nutrients were concerned. Of course just cutting out the high glycemic index carbs and sugar is a key as well. I'm not going back to my previous body condition train wreck.... nope!

• edited August 2020
    I am!

Yes, but even better; the carnivore diet.