Invalid data being imported from Garmin

Starting today, there seems to be an issue importing data from Garmin.
See screenshot here: https://www.screencast.com/t/qg96jlQsg

Previous days seem to have double (in some cases non-matching) entries for an activity: 1 with '(Garmin)' first [the old way before today] and one with '(Garmin)' at the end [new as of today]. It's happening for Daily Activity and specific activities. It also seems to be importing many records for sleep.

I tried unlinking Garmin, deleting the '(Garmin)' records for the some days, and re-linking Garmin. That seems to solve the duplicate activities, only re-importing records with '(Garmin)' at the end [the new way]. It does not solve the sleep problem, as it still re-imports numerous sleep records per day.

I have checked the Garmin Connect website and dont see anything out of the ordinary.

Comments

  • Thanks for the information @Adam_B . We have been experiencing some issues with our Garmin integration today. Hopefully we will have it back up and running soon! I will let you knkow when we have resolved this issue. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

    Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

  • Hi @Adam_B
    This bug has now been resolved. Please let me know if you run into the issue again. Thanks again for promptly reporting this!
    Regards,
    Hilary

    Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

  • I deleted the erroneous information, disabled Garmin, and re-linked Garmin. The multiple sleep records went away, but its still behaving badly. One day, Oct 17, is not importing any data at all. It should have the "everydays" (Pulse, Sleep, Daily Activity) and a Walking Activity.
    Other days are importing Daily Activity incorrectly and inconsistently. Oct 26 says 173, with Garmin showing 665. When I brought up Oct 21 just now, registered a matching 953 extra calories with of that 243 in Daily Activity. Several seconds later it refreshed the chart to 14 in Daily Activities. There seems to be some infrequent scenario where it will go back to the original value for a few seconds before the background thread refreshes the chart, but I haven't narrowed that down. Most it just stays the wrong value. I did notice this same behavior when I first posted as well. I waited until this morning to test again to see if everything would re-import correctly. I've tried on Chrome and Firefox, and made sure to flush my cookies and browser cache in case anything was left over.

  • Hi @Adam_B ,
    Thanks for all the great information; that's very helpful. I am pleased to hear that the multiple entries have been resolved. Would you mind contacting Cronometer support at [email protected] with screenshots of your Garmin and Cronometer diaries for the days where you have noticed incorrect values? Thanks again for your promptness and detail; Reports like this are what help make our developers easily and quickly able to address bugs! :)

    Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

  • Email sent

  • Has there been any progress on identifying the actual problem, or fixing it, or at least a work-around?

  • Hi @Adam_B Thanks for your patience. Our developers are working on a fix for this currently. Hopefully I can update you later today on the status.

    Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

  • I noticed this was happening again over the holiday break.

    Specifically Im referring to this part:

    When I brought up Oct 21 just now, registered a matching 953 extra calories with of that 243 in Daily Activity. Several seconds later it refreshed the chart to 14 in Daily Activities.

    The same behavior is happening in the Android app and the web portal. Are there any technical details that you can give us that can help us track down what might trigger this? Like which version of which Garmin API is being used or how Daily Activity is brought in or calculated? It's odd that it seems to import it correctly and THEN updated it to something incorrect.

  • This is happening again this morning. You guys can use my data/account if you need to see whats going on. I have started adding an entry called 'Missing Garmin Adjustment' on all the one where its off. Its never the same amount. See Jan 12-14 this week for incorrect garmin numbers

    Again, the really frustrating thing is that when the page first comes up, its correct, then some background thread updates it incorrectly and it stays that way.

  • Again for Jan 18-19. Numbers were correct when first opening those days to review. Changed to incorrect numbers. I usually notice that they have changed because the net calorie chart on the left changes. Often I am on a different day, wondering why a day I know was net negative it flat/positive. I'm having to have my garmin app open now so that I can manually enter an adjustment line after it changes.

Sign In or Register to comment.